Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A new Buy'ce from a frenchy ! (Togruta)

• 11 Replies

Searsha

• Oops'alor
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions.
A new Buy'ce from a frenchy ! (Togruta)
« on: Jun 29, 2015, 07:23 PM »
Hi there, hoping my english is good enough for ya' to understand.
As I said in the title, I'm a french member ! (Here)
I've just finished my bucket so, here it is !

It's a scratchbuild helmet, made from cardboard, resin, fiberglass and car mastic (Not sure you guys call it car mastic but whatever.)

(Just for the record, my character is a Togruta and she's from Hoth)
Enjoy !

Feedback is welcomed !

Beginning :

Sorry, no photo of the resin part... I just forgot to take some. :-[

Paint :

Finished !

Details :

In red : In memory of Tracyn Verd, brother in arm dead on the battlefield.

My fellows french mando told me to hide the screw so I did.

Here is the buy'ce on my togrutan head ! (It was not finished at this time.)

(Sorry for long post here is a potat...Oops, not on 9 gag !)
↓ Here is my work in progress ! ↓

« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2015, 07:48 AM by Searsha Ó Mórdha » Logged
Chakaar Akaan #OM - Wip ! Togruta #1

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: A new Buy'ce from a frenchy !
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2015, 07:32 PM »
That is a very nice bucket, glad to see you made it fit around the Togrutan head.
Also, your English is far better than my French will ever be  :laugh:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2015, 07:38 PM »
Always wondered what a Togrutan Mando would look like. Your solution is fantastic! :D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Mercy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2015, 12:11 AM »
Wow...just wow!

I was hoping to be the first to pull this off, but cheers to you!
That is a novel approach, doing the helmet as a cutout.

How did you build the headdress and Lekku? I'm still looking for inspiration on some of the details.

You know who I am. Even a monster such as you has nightmares.
Before you die...say my name...

Master Build Thread

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Very Nice!

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Kal Vizsla

• "Enemies no matter, they´re all the same to me..."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Great work on the helmet! i like it!

Kalaval Zil BigFang Clan(Mex)  contact: 
 https://www.facebook.com/BigFangClan.Mexico
M.A.J.I.C. 122   B.E.A.R.D.S. 046  V.R.C.A 034

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2015, 08:38 AM »
Awesome work on the helmet.

What's the stability like with so much material missing?

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Searsha

• Oops'alor
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2015, 09:56 AM »
What's the stability like with so much material missing?
If you mean ''the solidity'', it is quite good ! I dropped it once (Not on purpose !) and nothing happened. I hadn't put the rangefinder yet, so maybe it is the only element fragile, but for the helmet, it's totally ok !

If you mean ''the movements on my head when I wear it", it's not moving at all thanks to the lekkus and montrals.

(Hope I'm understandable.)

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2015, 10:22 AM »
Yeah meant the solidity. For some reason I always have an issue finding the right word for that heh. I know a lot of people have problems with their helmets warping with just the visor not installed yet, seeing so much more gone from the helmet without that occurring is awesome.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

timo83

• "Bring me solo"
« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2015, 05:13 PM »
salut! au début je me demandait a quoi ces trous pouvaient bien servirs mais je trouve l'idée vraiment géniale  ;)

Searsha

• Oops'alor
« Reply #10 on: Jul 04, 2015, 07:48 AM »
How did you build the headdress and Lekku? I'm still looking for inspiration on some of the details.

First of all : Thanks a lot.
Now for the lekkus/montrals :

It's simply a piece of (white) fabric that I've sewed and then painted.
I would have liked to make it in latex but, Eh!, fabric is easier, faster and... cheaper !

Here some photo :

(I'm thinkig of posting my complete kit wip in english, what do you guys think ?)

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
Re: A new Buy'ce from a frenchy ! (Togruta)
« Reply #11 on: Jul 04, 2015, 11:04 AM »
Yes please to the English WIP.

I am only across the channel :)

I would be interested in following any WIP you do as I like the twist on the race you have chosen to costume as

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!