Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First time modifying a weapon

• 10 Replies

Al'ike Gett'syc'kote

• Ni ven cuyi o'r ner haavlam
First time modifying a weapon
« on: Jun 30, 2015, 10:45 PM »
Aloha! I've decided to play around with weapons mods for the first time, and these $3 water guns are my unfortunate targets.

I have an idea of what I want to do with them, and I think I might be able to use them with my EC, but if not, I'll use them with a modern. I'd like to keep the western repeating rifle style, but I'm not a fan of the buttstocks on these at all. Needless to say, those are going under G:\ :laugh: I think I'm going to have to add in a heavy weight to make these able to be cocked one-handed, or i'm going to have to take the cocking spring out completely. Definite WIP... Only thing I'm sure of right now is the fact that I need to open up the puny cocking handle so my hands can fit more comfortably in.

Not my first rodeo, as I have dabbled with blades before, à la http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=88108.0

This should be entertaining.

Armour Plans
Soft Parts WIP

B.E.A.R.D.S. #096
E.R.A. #040
C.A. #74

External Distractions

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
Re: First time modifying a weapon
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2015, 04:58 AM »
An interesting find! I love lever-action stuff, and that'd definitely be my next blaster build. With a little chopping, filling and gluing I think you're gonna have something really special here.

Can't wait to see more!
- Ol

Al'ike Gett'syc'kote

« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2015, 11:07 PM »
Thanks! I love the lever action as well, and it just speaks Old West to me. Another thing I love is the price, so for $3 a piece, I went and got some spares for parts. It lead me to play around with some painting that I'm going to be doing throughout my kit. This is the small top cover/thumbrest off the gun.

And the comparison of before and after:

I like it for my first test of painting bone. A lot of using Seugtai's tutorial on painting bone... which is here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=32070.msg498141#msg498141

EDIT: Adding pics of what it looks like back on the toy:

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015, 11:48 PM by Alor'ika Gett'syc'kote » Logged
Armour Plans
Soft Parts WIP

B.E.A.R.D.S. #096
E.R.A. #040
C.A. #74

External Distractions

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2015, 02:38 AM »
Excellent painting! This build is gonna be Kandosii! :3

Al'ike Gett'syc'kote

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2015, 07:31 PM »
So small update... Painted the trigger, and learned that I have the wrong primer.... White and black don't mix  :rolleyes:

Kinda made it work  :laugh:

Anywho, this is where the main body is at:

I had a genius idea of going to Rona to get some PVC piping, and found some that I didn't have to cut. Unfortunately, I saw the inner diameters and thought that was right  :-\ Turns out I was wrong. Here's the test pics of the two different lengths:

I was originally measuring from a dowel before, and that's where I got my measurement from, but I'm thinking the dowel will work awesome once I cut it down. What say ye?

(It's at 36" long... I'm meaning these to be hip and shoulder carries....)

EDIT:

Just thought of this.... adding this on with no extensions:

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015, 07:38 PM by Alor'ika Gett'syc'kote » Logged
Armour Plans
Soft Parts WIP

B.E.A.R.D.S. #096
E.R.A. #040
C.A. #74

External Distractions

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2015, 07:46 PM »
1) What is that putty stuff you are using? is that for weight purposes?
2)the bone looks awesome
3) I like the second length with the pvc personally!

can't wait to see the finished product

Al'ike Gett'syc'kote

« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2015, 08:08 PM »
The putty is plumber's putty, and it's for weight, and more is going to be added. I'd like to get some Apoxie Sculpt so I can mold something for the back once I make the cuts I'm planning on doing.

Armour Plans
Soft Parts WIP

B.E.A.R.D.S. #096
E.R.A. #040
C.A. #74

External Distractions
« Reply #7 on: Jul 03, 2015, 10:48 PM »
Looking awesome! Great start. I think I prefer the short barrel best but that's just personal preference I think.

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

Zeafus

• Scorched Earth Studios
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jul 03, 2015, 11:23 PM »
i am going to dollar general and the dollar store to find something like this. seems like a cooler idea to do it like that

Zeafus V.1 Armor Components WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92479.0
Special Weapons Brigade WIP (Pistoleer)- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=112447.0.
Scorched Earth Studios Forum Sales Thread- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118198.0
MMCC- #1320
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) a Society for current and former military - #34
M.L.C.S. #1

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2015, 11:25 PM »
You nailed that paint job. ;) 8)

Al'ike Gett'syc'kote

« Reply #10 on: Aug 04, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Holy crap! Praise from Seugtai!  :laugh: Vor'e ner vod! Unfortunately the one piece that I had painted up flew off the weapon when I was playing with it. Thankfully, I have spare parts, so I made up two more.

This one had the flash on:

(A little bit of mispray never hurt if you can work it in as character, right?)

Armour Plans
Soft Parts WIP

B.E.A.R.D.S. #096
E.R.A. #040
C.A. #74

External Distractions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!