Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Masters Miss Wip

• 18 Replies
Masters Miss Wip
« on: Jul 01, 2015, 06:44 PM »
  Here is the first very early Wip for my wife's kit im working on! Im very excited to get back to work on this. Cant wait to start trooping with her!

Anyway The kids were annoying us so the Armour and cape are not perfectly in place! Here is a few pictures we took today when i was fitting her for shoulder and thigh armour! Her girth belt will also be in fur the tailor made a mistake and made it in cloth!

Need to figure out if she is going with spandex or scrubs for the pants?

I got a question! Will the pearls pass for krayat perals? I like them and she wants them gone lol. IF this are acceptable i would love to make it like a chain for the cape!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Masters Miss Wip
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2015, 07:29 PM »
With the top she's wearing, I'd say she needs to wear spandex on her legs.  And the pearls...I dunno.  Personally, I think those look way too much like a pearl necklace and too "earthly" and definitely too pretty for a suit of armor.  And I think Krayt Dragon pearls are a looooooot bigger.

You'll want an App team member's ruling for sure, but I'm guessing the pearls aren't going to fly.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2015, 07:35 PM »
I think u are right too! Im gonna look over the beads on zam weassels costume and see if there is somthing similar i can add here!  Thats long sleve shirt is the only thing we could find for the pictures its nto final peace but im am leaning towards spandex too.

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2015, 10:02 PM »
I'm really liking the color and the pop of pink/red on her helmet-- very feminine. The pearls will probably need to go, as Havelock said. They are too earthly and would be easily recognizable. I think you could do better with something else to hold her cape on and it would look a lot better too.

Not knowing the type of theme she's going for, it's hard to say if spandex or scrubs would work better. I personally like a closer fit so I use spandex for my flightsuit. From what I'm seeing here I think that option would look really nice with her kit.

You've definitely got a great start! Looking forward to seeing more progress :D

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

mishakitty

• Glitter'alor
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2015, 11:17 PM »
Looking good! I really like the color scheme - it's dark, luscious and pretty. Nice paint job too!

On the pearls - I personally don't have an issue using things that are "Earthy" provided they are weathered/look Swarsy (after all, when we watch the movies we see a lot of weapons, pouches, belts, etc based on old military equipment ;) ) So I think you *could* pull it off, however something like this usually has to be presented in a way that works with the overall concept of the kit. To me, it rather looks like she just has a pearl necklace on. I'd say if you wanted this to look like a cloak chain, you'd probably want to add in a clasp, or perhaps some other elements like beads etc. to make it look a little more deliberate and less like a dressy necklace.

For the flight suit, it'd be a bit easier to tell if you take a photo in better light. I think though from what I see so far you'll probably like a tighter fit. If spandex doesn't suit her, maybe try yoga pants - that's what I use and I like them because they're not too super tight, but they are still form fitting :)

E.M.T.S. #1 ~ Founder ~ Glitter Faerie In Chief

Get Elegant: Join the Elegant Mando's Tea Society

Official Invasions: 67

Various upgrades and whatnot

Dral Kar'ta (Dar's GlitterHeart)

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2015, 12:19 PM »
In terms of flight suit does she want to go baggy or tight? She has more fem plates and that tends to go hand in hand with tight flight suits for a lot of lady mandos, however they don't need to. i personally think coveralls look a bit more fitting with star wars, a bit more industrial and practical. but in the end it's her choice. As for the pearls. I'd say ditch them, i think Misha is right about making them work. but if she doesn't want them get them gone, it's her kit after all.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2015, 04:21 PM »
I prefer the spandex idea... check out bo katan as for the pearls everything else is dark and luxuriant and has great depth which leaves them looking like they are just floating in space. just my opinion.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2015, 12:13 PM »
Thanks for all the comments guys. Not much progress going on here but were gonna change that and get this finished over the next few weeks. Gauntlets on the way frm dreasdon on the way! All the armour is now finalized just need to get to painting. Got to source the spandex. Shirt and pants and boots. Belt is done and on the way from delta mike.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2015, 07:20 PM »
That's an awesome belt, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2015, 07:26 AM »
 Still a little slow on progress here but were about to ramp the production here and get ready for our local con on the 31st

Heres is a little update on her guantles Big thanks to dreasdon for these puppys!

corriban

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2015, 10:33 AM »
Wow, those are some mean looking gauntlets! How heavy are they?

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2015, 10:37 AM »
Wow, those are some mean looking gauntlets! How heavy are they?
1.5lbs each

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2015, 04:52 PM »
Really like the feminine color scheme! Can't wait to see more.

And those gaunts are super stunning...wowww  :o

« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2015, 07:08 PM »
 Finally we got the kit out in the wild to test out! Was a really good chance to see what need to be tighten  and move! Got a few things we now need to be done before the our local con on the 31st.

Here is a few pictures of the base of the kit! Its about 80% done here. Still lots to add and there is no bells and wistles yet!   We will in the end once this is switched over to all metal weather it but so far im really likeing the colors once we convert it to metal i will add more pink also!

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Love the paint color, love the shnee shape, and especially love how vibrant her kit is next to the rest of y'all, haha!

You'll probably want to move those thighs up - if you find them slipping down, you can add a strap that goes around your belt to hold it up.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2015, 07:22 PM »
 Yea were going to attach them to the main belt and add some metal strap coverings and one strap to go aroun the leg! . Were not liking the velcro in this spot at all .

Great minds think alike:)

« Reply #16 on: Oct 28, 2015, 12:56 PM »
Small update here before our con this weekend! Got the thigh plates moved up attached to man belt and a added a few more peaice of armour! Overall i think itll look much better now!

Just need to throw one more coat of paint ofer the thigh plates and shorten a few leather tabs!

corriban

« Reply #17 on: Oct 28, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Very nice! I like those side armor plates, really unique. Keep it up!

« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2016, 09:06 PM »
 Forgot to post a pic of the Mostly finished Kit Enjoy!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!