Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jen's WIP

• 34 Replies
Re: Jen's WIP
« Reply #25 on: Aug 12, 2016, 12:21 PM »
I think over all it looks good. I would cut down the second collar plate vertically just a little to keep the spacing constant with the rest of your plates.
I like those shoulder bells quite a lot!

Thank you! It's super easy to figure out my husband's but I keep second guessing myself on my own kit so I really appreciate it :-)

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #26 on: Aug 12, 2016, 11:54 PM »
Like I always tell the ladies in my clan - female armor is at least twice as hard as male armor....we have different parts to fit...so be patient and keep trying!  ;)
Looks like you've got a great start....how are you soft parts coming?

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade
« Reply #27 on: Aug 18, 2016, 07:38 AM »
Soft parts  :-\ . I dyed my vest dark gray which made my pewter scrubs take on a purple-ish hue when worn with it. I decided to just switch to black scrubs and call it a day. It's not what I envisioned because I think the turquoise armor would look better against the gray scrubs but this close to D*C it is what it is. I'll just keep an eye out for gray, women-cut, cotton jumpsuits and switch to it if I ever find a set (yahoo ebay alerts!).

I'll try to upload soft part pictures when I'm at my home computer tomorrow (work blocks photo sites and it's too cumbersome on my phone). I visit MMCC just about every day but I'm always on my phone so I never update my WIPs lol.

« Reply #28 on: Aug 22, 2016, 02:43 PM »
Progress pictures :D

It's still all taped on but I think I'm ready to start adding velcro. I still need to finish painting the 2nd collar and the shoulder bells, and then once I've got the positioning down I'm going to add the Lagertha shield stripes.

Thoughts? Did I make it too short, should I split it into two pieces?

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #29 on: Aug 22, 2016, 03:05 PM »
It looks good to me.

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #30 on: Aug 22, 2016, 06:34 PM »
Looks like the ab plate might be a touch too long....but it's hard to tell from photographs. It should end just above your belly button.
 I like those colors a lot!

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #31 on: Aug 23, 2016, 06:03 AM »
The extra section looks fine, however the entire armour is sitting very low - since it couldn't be shifted upwards you'll likely need to trim the bottom of the ab instead.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #32 on: Aug 24, 2016, 12:18 PM »
Thank you so much for the input!! And for easing my worries (again!). You all know how stressful this all is :-)

The ab plate sits just above my belly button, the curse of a long waist and short stubble legs (also bad lighting hehe). I'm planning shortening my vest and adding a scarf and belt around my waist so that should help hide that some.

Tonight I'm painting the blue on the shoulders, 2nd collar piece, and my gauntlets. Over the next few days it will adding the design, helmet padding, and then attaching everything. I'm also hoping to have my vibrosword done for D*C since it's part of my character's look so I will probably wait to do black washing after DragonCon. It will be close but I think we will get everything done.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Sep 06, 2016, 11:54 PM »
I really love that blue color!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #34 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:59 AM »
just stumbled across this thread...loving the Lagertha/Ragnar concept!!!!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!