Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

passability of " hi vis " reflective taped coveralls?

• 3 Replies
hey all, posting just to be a pest again, I was browsing local workwear shops for boilersuits, and I noticed a lot of them stocked coveralls with reflective tape markings on them, like this

i have conflicting thoughts. for a mech engineer (which i'm possibly considering as a future brigade) they have a kind of uniqe, swarzy look. on the other hand, they're a very earthy sort of marking to have, aren't they? what do you guys think? would a navy or deep blue boilersuit with those reflective markings fit the CRL's, or would it get a suit knocked back if they were included?

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: passability of " hi vis " reflective taped coveralls?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2015, 02:10 PM »
I would take the tape off.  It would be easy enough to do with a seam ripper.

I live in West Virginia coal country and those kinds of work coveralls are very common and have a very specific "earthy" (ie-non-SWarzy) look to me.

If you wanted to add something like that to your kit later as part of a brigade application, I can see where you could make that work, but I would not wear those on your initial application.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2015, 02:24 PM »
oh don't get me wrong, i haven't even settled on a set of coveralls yet, it'd probably be cheaper to just get some sans stripes anyway!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2015, 07:05 AM »
From experience, reflective tape in pictures can be a nightmare, even without a flash. If you like the look you can add some silver fabric?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!