Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Battlefront jet pack (new greeblie pg 6)

• 79 Replies

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Battlefront jet pack
« Reply #15 on: Jul 22, 2015, 07:30 AM »
Looks Great ! !  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Jul 22, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Looking absolutely stellar!

"Rage is one hell of an anesthetic."
« Reply #17 on: Jul 22, 2015, 07:52 PM »
This is looking so cool. It's nice to see a different jetpack than the Boba or Jango... Not that those are bad... but this is really great.

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

Vinthiz

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2015, 02:17 AM »
Thanks all!
This is looking so cool. It's nice to see a different jetpack than the Boba or Jango... Not that those are bad... but this is really great.
Thanks vod! that is actually precisely why I wanted to do this pack, well that and it looked a little simpler than a boba jetpack build  :laugh:
Well, another day, more work completed! This time on what I call the 'main greeblie'

Keep in mind that none of the extra bits are glued on yet.
Now I did use a bit of a different method than you, ConDar. I had some spare wood from my blaster build that was the perfect thickness so I cut that and shaped it to have a slight slope on the sides. However, I did take your advise on the little bits that are on it and dug through my washers and pulled a few out that looked good

Now they are just placed on there at this point, and when I go to actually attach them I will probably fill in the holes that the bolts usually go through.

and a nice close up.
So that's it for today, I probably won't get much, if anything, done tomorrow, but I will be back at it in the next couple days  ;D

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2015, 07:45 AM »
Going Very Well I see .... Do carry on ....  ;D

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2015, 07:56 AM »
This is an amazing build, can't wait to see it all painted up!

You should send some pictures to Dice/EA when it's done, i'm sure the devs would love to see it in real life :)

Vinthiz

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #21 on: Jul 24, 2015, 06:50 PM »
And I'm back! made a little progress today, mainly with gluing, but first I made a discovery

I looked through my model kits that I won't build for one reason or another and pulled out this piece. and lo-and-behold it fits like a dream and look pretty darn cool! Anyway, back to what I have glued so far

I got those extra raised panels done, and right now the big greeblie is drying. And that's not all, I also made some progress on my nozzles

yep, not only did I find the right sized balls, I have already bondo'd them. Tomorrow will be sanding and figuring out how to attach them so the won't fall off, I have an idea that involve PVC pipe and a drill, the pipe is the right diameter for the pipe that holds the nozzles on the pack, so hopefully my plan will work. I've also been thinking about how I am going to attach it to my back, so stay tuned for that (that will mainly consist of me asking if it will work :laugh: )
This is an amazing build, can't wait to see it all painted up!

You should send some pictures to Dice/EA when it's done, i'm sure the devs would love to see it in real life :)
Thanks Koran! I hadn't even considered that, it would be neat getting their input on how it looks  ;D

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

NeX

• Merc# 1189 - M.V.S. #033
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Jul 24, 2015, 07:08 PM »
Love this build.

Could you post/link the templates or measurements for this?

Vinthiz

« Reply #23 on: Jul 24, 2015, 08:56 PM »
I would post templates if I could, NeX, however I don't have any as this was all done by eyeballing/guessing the measurements as well as I could based on how it would fit on my body compared to the game. However I will whip up a few photos with my measurements, just give me a couple days and I will do my best ;D
Just a couple of extra photos for the day

glue has set and I am one happy Mando  :laugh:
Now I need a little more help, I've been staring at my reference photos endlessly and I am at a loss for one thing

Sometimes I see this (the circled area) as T or L track, sometimes I see it as a louver type setup, and sometimes I'm not sure what I see  :'(

ConDar Ward

« Reply #24 on: Jul 24, 2015, 11:29 PM »
the Small details are Easily added later ...
 If you have the Basics your Good ....  ;)

« Reply #25 on: Jul 25, 2015, 05:21 PM »
It almost looks like you could use a plastic vent piece off of a dehumidifier or something.

ConDar Ward

« Reply #26 on: Jul 26, 2015, 12:37 PM »
The Vent thing looks a lot like the Gillette pro-glide Disposable Razor Holders ...  :rolleyes:
although I'm not Quite Sure of scale of your pack they may be too small .....
 I've Been saving Tons of them for Vents on other projects ...  ;)

Just sayin .... good luck with your Build , it's looking Great So far ..  ;D

Vinthiz

« Reply #27 on: Jul 27, 2015, 12:01 AM »
The Vent thing looks a lot like the Gillette pro-glide Disposable Razor Holders ...  :rolleyes:
although I'm not Quite Sure of scale of your pack they may be too small .....
 I've Been saving Tons of them for Vents on other projects ...  ;)

eh, they might be the right size, I'll have to go check :laugh:
It almost looks like you could use a plastic vent piece off of a dehumidifier or something.
That's a possibility, thanks for the idea!
Well here we go, more progress!

got the nozzles done and then...

mounted! Now it's starting to look like a jetpack! just a couple more details and it'll be ready for paint  ;D

« Reply #28 on: Jul 27, 2015, 12:17 AM »
So close! Almost time to build me one! :P

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #29 on: Jul 27, 2015, 12:35 PM »
Seriously. Frakkin'. Cool!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!