Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Battlefront jet pack (new greeblie pg 6)

• 79 Replies

Vinthiz

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Battlefront jet pack
« Reply #50 on: Aug 07, 2015, 02:25 AM »
I would add more black char to the inside of the nozzles
actually the whole inside of the nozzles is painted flat black, its just hard to tell in these photos. I may put more on the edges though now that I look at it more
Great job vod! Paint looks great! It's been really cool to watch this build progress.
Thanks vod! I actually just went back through this and it is crazy to think about where this all started, makes my hands hurt just thinking about all the cutting  :laugh:

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Vinthiz

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #51 on: Aug 18, 2015, 10:11 PM »
I'm back! ;D after spending a week in the Black Hills of South Dakota I'm ready to get back at it!
cut the holes in the back, starting with multiple drill holes

then feed a couple straps through the slits and put the hardware on it

This is what I came up with. I also temporarily attached my D-rings to see how everything sat. Now I think it is too low, but luckily I made the straps adjustable for this very reason.

Now do I need to cover up the D-rings and the clips or is it fine the way it is? also I am still planing on the kidney plate type thing and will be figuring that out soon. so, what do you all think? Anything I missed or does anybody have any suggestions?

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla
« Reply #52 on: Aug 18, 2015, 10:30 PM »
Like you said, it's sitting low. If for approval reasons you have to cover the d rings and clips, I think it would be easy to make small plastic or sintra boxes to slide over them. Or would it be possible to put the d rings inside the vest and feed straps through a hole?

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #53 on: Aug 19, 2015, 04:52 AM »
Definitely raise it up & I would suggest switching out those clips for parachute clips, much easier to use.

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #54 on: Aug 19, 2015, 09:20 AM »
How Funny I leave Tomorrow For , SD and a Trip out West ...  ;D

I Didn't Realize the Scale of this Pack until now .. it's bigger than I expected ...
Now as Far as fit and How it looks Strapped on that's a Matter of Taste but it Does need Something to
make it look Believable as a Jet pack and Not a Box strapped on your Back ...
Well .. I had this Same problem with my Jet pack .... but your Not going to like the fix ..  :-\

I had to Re-cut the Back pannel to a Concave Shape to fit my Back ... But that's me ... :-X

I think the Straps should Work fine You may Just have to play With the Strap length and or Attachment points.

Keep up the great Work .. 8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #55 on: Aug 19, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Agreed on the parachute clips.  I disagree with Condar though, especially since this is a cannon build off the reference images in the game. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Vinthiz

« Reply #56 on: Aug 19, 2015, 10:36 PM »
How Funny I leave Tomorrow For , SD and a Trip out West ...  ;D

haha, awesome! Great minds think alike I suppose  :laugh: It's a great place, if you are going near the black hills and need a couple places to visit shoot me a PM and I could recommend a couple places  ;D
Like you said, it's sitting low. If for approval reasons you have to cover the d rings and clips, I think it would be easy to make small plastic or sintra boxes to slide over them. Or would it be possible to put the d rings inside the vest and feed straps through a hole?
I would hesitate to cut holes in my vest to be honest, the material isn't a super strong duck cloth (Its not weak at all either, but I don't know how it would react with a hole in it)
Definitely raise it up & I would suggest switching out those clips for parachute clips, much easier to use.
You know what, parachute clips never even crossed my mind. boy am I glad I haven't sewed the D-rings on my vest yet! I am seriously going to have to consider this, it might negate worrying about covering the clips. Thanks vod!

I Didn't Realize the Scale of this Pack until now .. it's bigger than I expected ...
Now as Far as fit and How it looks Strapped on that's a Matter of Taste but it Does need Something to
make it look Believable as a Jet pack and Not a Box strapped on your Back ...
Well .. I had this Same problem with my Jet pack .... but your Not going to like the fix ..  :-\

I had to Re-cut the Back pannel to a Concave Shape to fit my Back ... But that's me ... :-X

I think the Straps should Work fine You may Just have to play With the Strap length and or Attachment points.

Keep up the great Work .. 8)

Thanks for the kind words! However, you are right, I don't like that fix  :laugh: below are a few pictures of the straps shortened and the 'kidney plate' thing. I am also going to be adding a couple things on the sides, so that should break up that boxy monotony look, especially when looking at it from the side.
Agreed on the parachute clips.  I disagree with Condar though, especially since this is a cannon build off the reference images in the game. 
Alright, I think that settles it, parachute clips it is!
Alright, photo time!

I think it already looks better being raised, and with the plate. I was thinking about cutting the plate back to line up with the opening in the vest, or should I leave it the way it is? Oh, I was also planing on putting a belt in the plate and running it through the opening in the vest. any suggestions on attaching the belt? maybe rivets?

Jorad Werde

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #57 on: Aug 20, 2015, 04:57 AM »
I think it could even go a little higher, and could we possibly see it on you from a side on angle instead of the 3/4 views posted above?

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Nimrodt

« Reply #58 on: Aug 20, 2015, 11:49 PM »
realy awsome work

Unbesonnenheit ist das Charakteristikum der Jugend,Besonnenheit das des Alters,und Vorsicht ist der bessere Teil der Tapferkeit.

Vinthiz

« Reply #59 on: Aug 21, 2015, 12:52 AM »
Thanks Nimrodt ;D
Alright so I got my parachute clips today and decided to try again

I hope that top photo is good Jorad
still looking for opinions on the plate

Jorad Werde

« Reply #60 on: Aug 21, 2015, 08:41 PM »
That is perfect, exactly what I wanted.  My suggestion would be to add a pad of some sort under the wrap around plate (that white thing) at the small of your back to kick the bottom out from your back.  2 reasons; 1) it will pivot the top 1/3 of the jet pack a bit closer to your upper back and decrease that massive gap,  2) it will get the jets pointed away from your buttox and upper legs.  If you tried to fly with this as is, you'd burn up that entire region of your body....which isn't what you want I assume?

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #61 on: Aug 22, 2015, 02:07 PM »
This looks completely amazing, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #62 on: Aug 30, 2015, 12:49 PM »
I think it's Coming along nicely ...  ;D
Be careful going through Doors ...  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Vinthiz

« Reply #63 on: Aug 30, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Thanks again everybody! got back to work on this after my first week of school and getting some tools that I needed
I think it's Coming along nicely ...  ;D
Be careful going through Doors ...  ;)
funny story, I already knocked one of the nozzle covers off going through a doorway in my house  :laugh: but I was able to reattach it, so all is well
So here is my progress

got the belt attached with the rivets and secured the parachute clips

primer

paint and rivet holes. I left that one part unpainted to allow the epoxy to cling on better
from there I glued and riveted that plate on, and I addressed this
That is perfect, exactly what I wanted.  My suggestion would be to add a pad of some sort under the wrap around plate (that white thing) at the small of your back to kick the bottom out from your back.  2 reasons; 1) it will pivot the top 1/3 of the jet pack a bit closer to your upper back and decrease that massive gap,  2) it will get the jets pointed away from your buttox and upper legs.  If you tried to fly with this as is, you'd burn up that entire region of your body....which isn't what you want I assume?
now why would you assume that? I think char-broiled mando might be an interesting look  :laugh: but in all seriousness, I did add a temporary piece of padding to see how it would look. so without further ado

so I already raised the straps a little more after looking at these pictures, but other than that I think its just about done! (for now :P ) but what do you all think?

« Reply #64 on: Aug 30, 2015, 07:03 PM »
Looks great!

Teilyr Farsel

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #65 on: Aug 30, 2015, 07:57 PM »
I love the pack! Great job!

Jorad Werde

« Reply #66 on: Aug 30, 2015, 09:13 PM »
Yeah, that about does it.  I imagine the padding would also help on long troops where it might bounce against your lower back and start to annoy you.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Syper

• Mess with the bull....you get the Battle-Horn!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #67 on: Sep 19, 2015, 03:08 AM »
Great build Me:)

MMCC #1021
Bearded Mando #89
IT-Mando #12
Protector Battalion #37
Syper’s WIP - SYPER's Pre-Pro 2 Build - Syper's Boba Fett Jet Pack Effect

Vinthiz

« Reply #68 on: Sep 20, 2015, 09:47 PM »
Thanks vod'e!
you know, I just realized I never updated this post with a photo of it on my kit

(bonus sneak peak at my next project  ;D )

« Reply #69 on: Sep 20, 2015, 11:54 PM »
Looking great! Excited to see what you do with your future project!

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #70 on: Sep 21, 2015, 12:20 AM »
That is freakin amazing man! you did a fantastic job translating that from screen with no templates.

Jorad Werde

« Reply #71 on: Sep 21, 2015, 06:36 AM »
Have you thought about putting together a parts list/templates for it?  I'm sure more than one person out there will want to do this build.  I would also imgaine you could sell them for a pretty penny

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Vinthiz

« Reply #72 on: Sep 22, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Thanks everybody!  ;D
Have you thought about putting together a parts list/templates for it?  I'm sure more than one person out there will want to do this build.  I would also imgaine you could sell them for a pretty penny
I am actually in the process of putting together a blueprint type thing for it, since the only real "part" used was cut sintra. I hope to have it posted up today  :)

Vinthiz

Re: Battlefront jet pack (updated with schematics)
« Reply #73 on: Sep 24, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Well I said I was going to post this up a couple days ago, but trouble with my scanner and getting sick prevented me from doing so  :'( however I decided to forgo the scanner and attempt just taking a photo of the schematics. so here you go

I hope this is clear enough, both in the fact that you can see it and understand it. If ya'll have any questions or just don't understand, feel free to ask me any questions/shoot me a message.
*Disclaimer: most of the measurements should be close/correct, however I may have been off in a few places, so you will probably have to extrapolate some of the measurements yourself*

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Battlefront jet pack (updated with schematics)
« Reply #74 on: Oct 02, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Amazing build, brother! I've been against the idea of a jetpack/backpack for my kit because of some artwork I have on my backplate, but have begun collecting parts to start on one. You have taken an image and turned it into something spectacular, great work!

OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!