Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tokrim helmet ideas and WIP

• 8 Replies

Tokrim

Tokrim helmet ideas and WIP
« on: Jul 23, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Hi all,

Been gradually working on a build during the few spare minutes a week I have and I am finally starting on my 2nd gen bucket (1st gen was a thin card test helmet).

I am following the "cardboard armour" tutorial to make the bucket and then resin/glass it.
I was thinking of adding a vented Mohawk for airflow and at the same time making the front section of the helmet removable by hooking over some internal attachments for the ear pieces. This would allow for me to put the helmet on, then my glasses and finally the faceplate.

I will try and explain it a bit through pictures but my limited drawing ability might make it more difficult.

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: Tokrim helmet ideas and WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2015, 01:06 AM »
I've found that I can put my bucket on while wearing my glasses, in a face first motion, and then turning the helmet once my glasses are past the cheeks :)

If you're really keen on the multi piece helmet idea, check out Talos' WIP. He did a hinged helmet that I think turned out pretty brilliantly. EDIT- correct link is http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=35472.0

Tokrim

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2015, 08:35 AM »
Yes I noticed that thread. I was kind of thinking of a way to have a series of helmets all with the same colour scheme but all with variations to the visor area. Therefore I was considering having a join for the from plate behind the ear caps and maybe having the ear caps as part of a spring loaded locking system (pulling down to eject).
I may not need a removable visor though as my eyes are not that bad, just a bit blurry.

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2015, 11:29 PM »
You don't want to go without corrective lenses if you don't have to though. Why don't you do a series of faceplates that you can switch out to one helmet base?

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2015, 03:31 AM »
hello mate, I believe talos kot is your man to ask. if you look through the helmet wip's he did a hinged helm if I remember right.

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2015, 01:01 PM »
If you have an older pair of glasses, you could always just install them into the helmet too, a few people have done this in the past and it seems pretty nifty.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Tokrim

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2015, 02:37 PM »
Turned out my old glasses were one of the reasons for my allergy to nickel. Now I rock the plastic frame look!

Mavik

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2015, 03:40 PM »
Is there a way you could just strip the lenses from them assuming that you still have them around.

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Family events
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2015, 06:14 AM »
Surely if the cheek sections are not as deep and a bit of width added glasses shouldn't be a problem?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!