Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

PArmstr first kit - update 12/10/2016

• 17 Replies
PArmstr first kit - update 12/10/2016
« on: Jul 24, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Hello Ladies, I need some help with my Boba Fett style mando kit. I have no idea which size armor templates I should use. I’m 1,59m (5’2 ½”) tall and weigh 125kg (approximately 277 pounds). I also have huge breasts (EU 100E/ GB 44DD/ US 44E). The regular 5’3” Jango and Boba Fett templates are both too small. How can I find the right size for me without printing out all the different templates? Does anybody have some advice for me?

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2016, 09:26 AM by PArmstr » Logged

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
I saw your post on Ladies of the Legions, but here is easier to reply:

My only advice would be to print out the templates available, tape them to you and see how much needs to be increased, then go from there. I have a large bust as well and my first round of plates had to be modified. I bought them from the Mandalorian Arsenal-- he carries various sizes to accomodate multiple bust sizes. Hope this helps!

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003
@ Corriban:
Thank you for your advice. I think I will probably have to make custom plates. I just found two WIPs that might be the solution to my problem but I will need some help from my husband for that.
WIP 1
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=16740.30
WIP 2:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79340.msg1194357#msg1194357

Update:
I think I'm going to follow this WIP 1. I drawed somthing on a dummie that we have to re-make to help my husband visualize where I want to go.

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2015, 03:57 PM by PArmstr » Logged

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: PArmstr first kit - modern era light armor
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2015, 07:56 AM »
Wow.  I wish I'd seen the thread you're using as a reference when I was planning!  I might have been a little more adventurous in my planning.   :). I  would definitely play around a little with the the plating, and get some feed back from you clan or app team folks.  But that said, I love the direction you're going! 

My WIP - female armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=25453

My Ursa Wren build http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=128908.0

501st - Legacy Stormtrooper  
Rebel Legion & 501st - Jawa

EMTS #153
Brigade- Special Ops: Assassin
Re: PArmstr first kit
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2015, 06:47 AM »
Here is a little update. The plates for my armor are quite a challenge for me because I’m obese and very short. I have been trying out different versions of plates. I think the only ones that look kind of good are the 3XL Boba Fett plates and the Bo Katan plates. If I wanted to use the Vira-plates or the femmando-prototype-plates I would have to design neck plates and abplates for them. Making custom plates isn’t an option because my dummy came out a little smaller then me probably because of the compression. Letting my husband tape me up again and draw an armor pattern won’t work because he has no clue what he should do. I also think that I will have to wear my girth belt and ammo belt on my hips and perhaps use a loin cloth instead of a codpiece. What do you think?
3XL (6'6") Boba Fett plates

Bo Katan plates by T-Bone

Vira-plates

Femmando prototype plates

Re: PArmstr first kit - Which type of plates look better?
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2015, 03:22 PM »
My husband took new photos of me. Which plate design should I use for my kit? If I use the 3XL-Boba-Fett-plates I have to lengthen the breast plates or do something similar because the plates aren’t long enough if the bottom edge of the abs-plate is at the same height as my navel. I know the spacing isn’t right. My husband has to practice tapping the templates to me. I didn’t want to make him redo it because this costume is getting on his nerves already.

I made so minor changes on the neck plate of the Bo Katan plates. We also pulled every upper body part up a little bit.

3XL Boba-Fett-plates

Bo-Katan-Plates:

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2015, 03:51 PM »
I like the Katan chest plates, but I don't feel like the ab gives you enough coverage. Have you considered Legacy-styled plates at all?

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2015, 04:31 PM »
That's exactly what I was about to say Kavryn. Legacy plates would be my suggestion. They're the easiest I find for larger breasts as it is one piece and thus there is less hassle trying to get them to remain straight and symmetrical. I'm constantly tweaking my Fett style plates to keep them sitting right, but my second kit has never had that trouble.
Save you searching something out - this is a good guide to Legacy for us fems with larger assets. Have a look and see if it might be something worth trying. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79340.0

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
Re: PArmstr first kit - new design
« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2015, 03:10 AM »
Thank you very much for your input. No I didn’t consider Legacy-style plates. I’m not into the comics so they weren’t on my radar. I checked out the resource pages here and I don’t really like the legacy armors. So I wouldn’t want to make my whole kit legacy style but a modern Era kit with legacy style chest and back plates would be ok for me. This is what I came up with after looking at Kuu’s tutorial again. What do you think?

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2015, 09:48 AM »
Modern and Legacy fall under the same umbrella, so you can mix and match to your heart's content.  ;D

I will say that shin and boot plates without thigh plates can sometimes look a bit unbalanced - it's what I currently have and I want to add thigh plates as soon as I can.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2015, 10:12 AM »
I like my new design a lot. It kind of reminds me of the Roman and Greek soldiers in the old movies I used to watch with my grandparents. I can add thigh armor later on if I want to.

SkiBlue1737

• I always play fair, exactly as fair as my opponent
« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2015, 10:47 AM »
I like the new design with the legacy chest piece. And the colors. They work nicely together. You can always edit the armor after you've got the other pieces together, but I kinda like the look you've got going there already.

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2015, 01:06 PM »
Definitely mix and match all you want. Love those colours too.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #13 on: Sep 16, 2015, 01:54 AM »
Thanks. At first I had red, black and silver. Then Nirob Shysa suggested desert colors because I'm a jawa in the other two big clubs. I’m 1,59m (5’2 1/2”) so I like to think of my mando as a jawa that is also a mando. I might upgrade to desert ops after I'm an official member.

« Reply #14 on: Aug 10, 2016, 09:48 AM »
This is my first attempt to build a beskar'gam of the legacy era. I made it from cardboard. I used the legacy-project templates for the front part. I created the back part myself. What do you think? Is it ok?

Kris Jasra

Re: PArmstr first kit - update 08/10/2016
« Reply #15 on: Aug 10, 2016, 11:21 AM »
Looks pretty good to me. Only a couple of tiny changes I'd make - collar plate will need to under/overlap or be right up against the chest. Since shaping can change things - add a little extra to the bottom of the collar - that way you can trim back if needed but you won't be caught short. And I've found that rounding the bottom edge of the backplate just a tiny bit to match the vest shape can really help as once shaped on you it should follow your back and look straight.

Re: PArmstr first kit - update 08/10/2016
« Reply #16 on: Aug 12, 2016, 09:24 AM »
The front collar plate is now longer so that the chest plates can overlap. I haven’t rounded the bottom edge of the last back plate yet. My Ruus’alor said they were too narrow so I made them wider. Unfortunately, my dummy and I are not completely the same so the back plate went past the edge of the vest. My husband made the last plate shorter. We will make the new back plates shorter so that we can use three plates or longer and just use two instead of three.

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2016, 11:25 AM by PArmstr » Logged

Kris Jasra

Re: PArmstr first kit - update 12/10/2016
« Reply #17 on: Aug 12, 2016, 06:34 PM »
Collar width looked better on the first set, but the overlapping is definitely better on the second.
Backplate wise, the first pic is about the thinnest you want while the second is the widest. Anything in between those would work.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!