Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Deathwatch Grunt CRL

• 7 Replies

Ref Al'drann

• Rohlan Dyre
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Deathwatch Grunt CRL
« on: Jul 26, 2015, 11:40 PM »
The Deathwatch Grunt CRL was updated to remove the parts about real world armor. There are no references to the Deathwatch characters in anything other than animated form so we will not be accepting canon applications with "real world" armor. As always, anyone is free to create a custom Deathwatch costume.

Ashen Kelborn

• Builder for Trauma Plates R Us, Kelborn #1
  • Awards Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Deathwatch Grunt CRL
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2015, 07:15 AM »
The Deathwatch Grunt CRL was updated to remove the parts about real world armor. There are no references to the Deathwatch characters in anything other than animated form so we will not be accepting canon applications with "real world" armor. As always, anyone is free to create a custom Deathwatch costume.

So canon is only if you have licensed LFL imagery to back it up......... thought that was what it was to be canon anyway?
also what is Real world armor in this context?
weathered differently to DW animated or something?

Ref Al'drann

• Rohlan Dyre
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2015, 01:02 PM »
That's the exact reason why we decided to do away with the real world wording. Real world armor allowed for Jango/Boba style helmets and armor templates and yeah, it would have allowed for more "realistic" paint and weathering applications.

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2015, 06:36 PM »
so not really "real world armor" just realistic movie style armor right?
MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2015, 06:46 PM »
so not really "real world armor" just realistic movie style armor right?

Thats the way I'm looking at it, nothing to do with actual real world armour being repurposed for things such as flak vests, but more gotta be death watch style plates and animated style weathering.

Ref Al'drann

• Rohlan Dyre
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2015, 06:48 PM »
Exactly

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2017, 10:39 PM »

Hey there, I'm trying to build a General Kenobi Grunt, Where is the patterns or tutorials for animated weathering?
Remember: After the rain, comes the rainbow! Sorry I killed your son.

Cody

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2017, 03:38 AM »
Hey there, I'm trying to build a General Kenobi Grunt, Where is the patterns or tutorials for animated weathering?

If there is one I would be interested too as the ones I've done so far was through just trying out weathering techniques I've been told by word of mouth or in person also looking very closely at every possible screen shot I could get my hands on to get the accuracy.
It was a love of labor, but the results were worth it . ;)

Others have done the costume too, so you could check out their threads too, maybe ask them

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!