Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My first bucket (concept)

• 6 Replies

Griku-r

• If it's cheap or free, it's right for me.
My first bucket (concept)
« on: Aug 10, 2015, 02:26 PM »

Concept for my bucket. Any suggestions? Is it acceptable for a modern style?

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2015, 07:54 PM by Griku-r » Logged
Professionally trained in making mistakes seem intentional.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: My first bucket (concept)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Have you any other angles drawn up yet? A bit more perspective might help determine era classification. As a helmet enthusiast though, I like the concept.

QMU#084

Griku-r

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2015, 05:58 PM »
I don't yet but I'll draw a few more and post them tonight

Have you any other angles drawn up yet? A bit more perspective might help determine era classification. As a helmet enthusiast though, I like the concept.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Okay so, to me it appears that you have a air tube that goes front to back around both side of the helmet at the base, I'm not sure what the red indicates but that could be turned into a red EL wire that switches on for a cool effect. You can use several things as a base for this, the most simple being a Jango 2piece helmet off of amazon. If you want a more custom build up you're looking at piecing together multiple parts I'd suggest a baseball batting helmet to get the curved shape in the back, with modified boba faceplates that fit the design you're going for. On the earcaps themselves if suggest a unique approach and have a contour in the base section that the bottom hose can nest in and have a strap or two to hold it in, with the higher areas being built up to look like the design. Maybe even a raised section in the back that is like a blast shield that's been flipped up and over the helmet but is contoured to fit the shape of the helmet. Lol feel free to use or modify my suggestions to better suit your desires. Also if you'd like me to take a crack at drawing up what I mean, let me know and I'll post them here for you.

QMU#084

Griku-r

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2015, 09:15 PM »
I was considering using a motorcycle helmet and fabricating the faceplate with clay and plastic molding pellets. Think that would work? The part of the helmet that wraps around to cover the mouth seems like it would make a good housing for the air hoses.

Okay so, to me it appears that you have a air tube that goes front to back around both side of the helmet at the base, I'm not sure what the red indicates but that could be turned into a red EL wire that switches on for a cool effect. You can use several things as a base for this, the most simple being a Jango 2piece helmet off of amazon. If you want a more custom build up you're looking at piecing together multiple parts I'd suggest a baseball batting helmet to get the curved shape in the back, with modified boba faceplates that fit the design you're going for. On the earcaps themselves if suggest a unique approach and have a contour in the base section that the bottom hose can nest in and have a strap or two to hold it in, with the higher areas being built up to look like the design. Maybe even a raised section in the back that is like a blast shield that's been flipped up and over the helmet but is contoured to fit the shape of the helmet. Lol feel free to use or modify my suggestions to better suit your desires. Also if you'd like me to take a crack at drawing up what I mean, let me know and I'll post them here for you.

Bowfanny

« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2015, 02:55 AM »
Let's see the plan in motion then Vod!

QMU#084

Griku-r

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2015, 03:50 AM »
Vor entye vod, I'll get started asap then.

Let's see the plan in motion then Vod!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!