Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rise of Gurad Te'Le

• 12 Replies
Rise of Gurad Te'Le
« on: Jul 28, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Alright guys so after sometime of working out a design for my mando and his weapons, here is my concept(s).

The Armor of Gurad Te'Le is a Heavy armor class. He enjoys being the first to break down the door to let himself in :)

The gun is a high caliber plasma pistol with an attached flame thrower below it ( so a large .458 Winchester Magnum that has about enough energy for 20-30 massive shots and can also breath fire )

The Riot shield is made of Mandalorian steel and allows Gurad to get in close to his victims and also acts as a secondary weapon.

The last weapon is Gurad's Darksaber.

Re: Rise of Gurad Te'Le
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2015, 08:03 PM »
OOPS, think I put this on the wrong board. where should I be putting this?

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2015, 08:29 PM »
This is the armor planning board, so this is in the right place.  Later on you can ask the Moderator to move it to Armor Components, once you start actually working on it.  Or you can start a new thread.  Your choice.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2015, 09:05 AM »
This is the armor planning board, so this is in the right place.  Later on you can ask the Moderator to move it to Armor Components, once you start actually working on it.  Or you can start a new thread.  Your choice.

^^This. You're in the right section for planning :)

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2015, 09:48 PM »
alright great, any thoughts anyone? what should I add/ take away?

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2015, 11:26 PM »
Well, you're going for heavy, and that's a pretty heavy coverage suit of armor.   :D  What era are you looking at?  Because your reference artwork seems to have some elements of Neo Crusader, and some Modern touches as well.  Unless I've completely lost my mind.  Which is entirely possible. 

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2015, 12:21 AM »
So once the paint job and minor details are attended to, it is meant to be Modern. BUT I am using some N.C. in there because my character loves and praises what the Mandalorians were during that era under Mandalore the Ultimate.

Havelock

« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2015, 10:19 AM »
Gotcha.  You'll need to talk with the App team about specific elements you want to bring in from the Neo Crusader era, because as far as I'm aware, you can't mix and match between the eras like that.  Bringing in some Neo Crusader elements might work, but that's above my pay grade.   :)

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2015, 10:59 AM »
It looks awesome....although that chest armor doesn't say "Hey I'm a Mandalorian" to me. That could just be me, but I'd suspect it'd need some reconfiguration to get past the App Team.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2015, 01:43 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't have any design elements of a modern Mandalorian so it wouldn't pass under that category. You could be a Late Crusader without changing anything, though!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 30, 2015, 05:36 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't have any design elements of a modern Mandalorian so it wouldn't pass under that category. You could be a Late Crusader without changing anything, though!

Alright awesome. i wanted more of a modern mando so i'll rework it a little (took too much from N.C. :P )
and i'll rework pieces to fit more into Mando Look.

any thoughts on weapons guys?

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
« Reply #11 on: Jul 30, 2015, 05:41 PM »
You might want to rethink the darksaber as a beskad.  Only certain canon characters are allowed to carry functioning lightsabers.  Trophies are fine though.

Hand me my thinking grenades.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 30, 2015, 06:03 PM »
You might want to rethink the darksaber as a beskad.  Only certain canon characters are allowed to carry functioning lightsabers.  Trophies are fine though.

Oh I forgot about that, hmmmm ok I'll work on that :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!