Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Girth Belt made from Shemagh/ Keffiyah

• 10 Replies

Danto

• Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.
Girth Belt made from Shemagh/ Keffiyah
« on: Jul 29, 2015, 11:44 PM »
I made this girth belt with a Keffiyah, a couple stitches, hot glue and velcro...

Basically I folded it to desired width, put a few stiches on coners, and hot glued the rest in place.
I made some changes, check out my soft parts WIP.

Re: Girth Belt made from Shemagh/ Keffiyah
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2015, 11:42 AM »
'Rah

Darinus

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2015, 10:27 AM »
I think this looks great!
I happen to have something similar lying around and was considering alternatives to the rope type girth belt.

I'd be really interested in whether or not this would get flagged for looking too earthly or not by someone with App Team experience (or even a seasoned OM...).

DZ-10206 ANH Tusken Raider, 501st Carolina Garrison
Jedi & Tusken Raider, Rebel Legion Blue Ridge Base
Davin Ca'tra Mandalorian Mercs, Talon Clan
OM #1382, M.A.R.S. #75

Wyn Starhawk

• Strive to be better.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2015, 10:39 AM »
I strongly advise you to check with the app team asap. As far as I remember shemaghs/kiffyahs are not approvable in most cases and they tend to be critical over them when used traditionally. I haven't seen anyone  use it for this, however. Just wanted to pop in and give you a heads up now that way it doesn't happen when you apply. ;)

Enby. They/them.| Aliit Ori'shya Taldin

Darinus

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2015, 01:11 PM »
Thanks Kal, I'd noticed that in the CRLs and that's why I questioned it.
Kinda hope so, he's already done the work and it looks awesome.

DZ-10206 ANH Tusken Raider, 501st Carolina Garrison
Jedi & Tusken Raider, Rebel Legion Blue Ridge Base
Davin Ca'tra Mandalorian Mercs, Talon Clan
OM #1382, M.A.R.S. #75

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2015, 08:15 PM »
Mainly we are concerned with them as a quality issue. Many have used it as a quick and easy way to hide their neck under their helmet, and it ends up looking like a wad of cloth under the helmet. As a girth belt though, I don't see an issue.

Danto

« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Thanks for that! Mainly it's the color and pattern I wanted to use, it was my hope that by removing the elements that screamed shemagh it would be ok. I have a piece that coveres the lacing in the back, but it pulls pretty well together and the lacing is a perfect match to my flight suit. I've seen mention of lacing being okay in some applications, just not shoes or gauntlets. Is lacing ok as a girth closure? It's totally hidden by my cape too.

Danto

Sidi Ren

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2015, 06:53 PM »
I love it but I would be more ready to call this a sash and not a girth belt. Which is just fine, they fulfill the same role. Should work great with an added utility belt over it to hold pouches, holsters, etc.

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2015, 09:46 PM by Sidi Ren » Logged

Danto

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!