Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tokrim weapons WIP

• 20 Replies

Tokrim

Tokrim weapons WIP
« on: Aug 03, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Hey guys.
I am part way through my armour build now and need to look at armaments. I have a growing collection of greeblies and computer spares that could be used to dress up my props but I do not have a good base to start from for pistols.

Shy of custom making a grip and chassis I was considering purchasing a couple of BB guns and stripping out the mechanisms.
For that I found the following store and a couple of interesting finds within...

Firstly could the slide of this gun be replaced and a more swarzy scope added?
https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/vigor-no2122-b2-airsoft-spring-pistol-with-light-and-silencer.html

Secondly they have dl44 mausers that could easily be modded.
https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/double-eagle-m32-mauser-bb-gun-pistol-in-orange.html

On top of that I have a long term goal of modding a dyson vacuum cleaner handle into part of a rifle/carbine.

Thoughts??

Re: Tokrim weapons WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2015, 10:16 PM »
Go with the vacuum idea! It will be super unique.

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2015, 12:30 AM »
Yes, the vacuum-rifle sounds like a great idea. :D

I should do something like that, run with the joke about my app pics having an upright in-frame...

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Tokrim

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2015, 10:01 AM »

Above is the Vacuum cleaner hadle I was considering using. Fellow mercs in the Vok Chi have said this could look epic.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2015, 04:00 PM »
Any ideas for what you will add to it?

Tokrim

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2015, 01:31 AM »
Ideally I would like to add some boxing along the pipe towards the handle but leave some of the pipe and the tip alone. Need to shape a stock for the left hand side area and of course scopes and greebs.

There is also a flappy bit in front of what will become the grip that needs to come off.

To save double posting...

I am also considering making a stun pistol and stun baton (for when you have to get that bounty alive).

« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2015, 01:36 AM by Tokrim » Logged

chibimando

• Mika Mirdala Prudii
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2015, 02:29 AM »
Oh my gosh, that's gonna look awesome! Cool idea

"A mirdala prudii cuyir draar o'r te tenn."
- "A clever shadow is never seen."

O.M. #1392
M5 #67
Clan: Manda'galaar
Official Invasions: 4

Tokrim

« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2015, 07:00 PM »
Ok so here is mockup number 1 of the Vacuu-rifle.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2015, 09:46 PM »
Nice!

« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2015, 11:37 AM »
Star wars.... Vacuum parts...so many space balls jokes. :laugh:

It should look good. Keep at it.

Tokrim

« Reply #10 on: Aug 06, 2015, 11:56 AM »
Well no one has said the idea sucks yet...

« Reply #11 on: Aug 06, 2015, 12:35 PM »

Tokrim

« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2015, 06:12 PM »
Ok so whilst I wait for payday to make my next round of purchases (foamex and the spare dyson handle). I have bought a pair of ps move gun controllers to use as a base for my pistols. £5.95 for the pair with free delivery, good old eBay. I will post up pictures like the vacuurifle once they arrive on Tuesday.

Sgtmac

• Peace through superior firepower...
« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2015, 01:44 AM »
Word of warning that Double Eagle Mauser, is not full size, its kinda small.  I cant get a gloved finger all the way into mine. 

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2015, 06:12 AM »
More progress on the vac rifle, that concept looks pretty good

Tokrim

« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2015, 04:15 PM »
Here is the pistol rough mock up, PVC Pipe to replace the card tube and then obviously sanding down and spraying. Trigger mechanism would be good to retain so as to allow for electronics later not that it fires anything anyway (ps3 move gun controller).

« Reply #16 on: Aug 17, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Nice! Are you going to add any greebs?

Tokrim

« Reply #17 on: Aug 17, 2015, 05:11 PM »
I need to get some greebs so need to go looking through the forum for some examples. I have some plastic bits that came with some of the kitchen appliances that would make for good scope mounts. I have some other Junk Plastic parts that could be used and just need some other ideas really.

Tokrim

« Reply #18 on: Aug 27, 2015, 11:48 AM »
I don't think this counts as a double post but whilst working on the Blasters and Rifle I will also be adding 2 CQ weapons from SWG. The undeniable Stun Baton and a Vibro Knuckler as used by TKA's.

Anyone have any templates for the TK Style Vibro Knuckler?

« Reply #19 on: Aug 27, 2015, 04:12 PM »
Looks awesome. How do you plan to attach it to your kit?

Tokrim

« Reply #20 on: Aug 27, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Potentially magnets or some kind of holster would be the best methods. Stun baton would have a belt loop fitting and hang loose from that.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!