Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Raestin's Scratch Build - WidowMaker 2.0 Updates - Page 12

• 196 Replies

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Raestin's Scratch Build
« Reply #75 on: Nov 25, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Cool! I most certainly will! Expect me to contact you at various points throughout my build. I've got a little backstory on mine in the planning board if you want to go check it out (I won't derail your thread with details :) ).

Vor'e!

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: Nov 30, 2015, 01:05 PM »
WOOT!  Looky what just came in the mail!  So excited, now I can crank back up on the bucket WIP.  :D

I'll post some good pics soon!!

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #77 on: Nov 30, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Oh yeah!  8) Looking forward to seeing how it looks!

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #78 on: Dec 01, 2015, 09:57 AM »
Got the earcap installed last night!!  I'm pretty excited to be able to kick this back up.  Can't wait to finish the helmet!  Lemme know what you think so far!  :)

P.s. - Ignore all the spot putty.  Now that the earcap is on, I'll start smoothing everything out.  :)

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #79 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:01 AM »
This is a fantastic scratch build vod!

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #80 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:04 AM »
Wow. There are no other words... You sir are amazing!  8)

« Reply #81 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:25 AM »
That looks absolutely awesome!

Ender

« Reply #82 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:32 AM »
Looks awesome! Love all the vents you've got on the bucket. Looking forward to seeing it painted up!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #83 on: Dec 01, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Vod, you have THE KNACK for this. I'd seriously look into doing more on like a commission or something. You got something special in your future!!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #84 on: Dec 02, 2015, 08:14 PM »
Lol. Thanks guys!  I'm definitely interested in possibly trying my hand at a mold, but that will probably be for MkII.  Who knows...?

Here are some paint pics from today!!!  I'm excited, but I sure wanted to throw up when I started whacking on it for the weathering!!   :o

Nice and shiny metallic silver under coat.

And here's the white base coat. So far, so good!!  I'll have the other two colors on in the next few days.  :)

I really do appreciate everyone's positive feedback.  This is has been a super fun project, and I've learned SO much along the way.  I can't wait to finish it though, so I can focus on the rest of my kit!  :D

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #85 on: Dec 02, 2015, 08:18 PM »
Great job as always vod! :) I hope that mine turns out even almost as good as yours.

« Reply #86 on: Dec 02, 2015, 08:38 PM »
I still can't believe how amazing this thing looks. Outstanding work man!

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #87 on: Dec 02, 2015, 08:39 PM »
It's nearly there!

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #88 on: Dec 02, 2015, 10:58 PM »
looking great!

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #89 on: Dec 02, 2015, 11:32 PM »
Spiffy! Is that salt weathering that I see?

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #90 on: Dec 03, 2015, 08:54 AM »
Nice work Raestin.  Love the little details on your bucket, looks like you droped it a few time. ;)

Eric

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #91 on: Dec 03, 2015, 09:02 AM »
Thanks guys!!  There's still a lot to do, my colors are white, navy & orange.  So there's still a bit of paint layering to do.  I also need to head to Harbor Freight to get a face shield, so I can finish my t-visor.  I've got the mirror tint, the orange film and even some orange EL wire. Plus I still need to get the RF servo wired up, that should be fun!   :P

Spiffy! Is that salt weathering that I see?

I actually used latex masking fluid, but I did try and stipple it to get a similar effect.  :)

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #92 on: Dec 03, 2015, 03:45 PM »
I've found a good cheat - latex masking fluid and a sprinkle of rock salt on top as it's drying

You get the coverage of the masking fluid you want but the salt breaks up some of the harsh silhouette of the brushed edges

(example - stock on the blaster in this pic is combo of masking fluid and salt http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/simorph/IMG_3661_zpswfr7c94t.jpg)

Kebiin Ke'Varek

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #93 on: Dec 04, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Hmmm....looks like we are going to be more than a little busy this weekend!  I can not WAIT to see it finished.  You've done such an amazing job, and it's been a joy watching your creativity come to life in this incredible scratch build!! :kiss:

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #94 on: Dec 07, 2015, 09:57 AM »
Well, after a really busy weekend, and a very productive armor party with the Veshok Clan, the paint work is now done on my bucket!!  I may add a little more blackwash in a few more spots (especially the backside), but for the most part, painting is finished!!!  I seriously couldn't be happier.  It's a bit surreal to see it finally get to this place!  I appreciate all of the encouragement along the way! 

Final paint **Pre-Blackwash**

Final paint **Post-Blackwash**

I'm picking up a face shield today from Harbor Freight.  I have the mirror tint and orange film already, so I could possibly be done with the visor in the next day or so!  That still leaves all of the inside goodies including fans, servos, padding...etc.

Lemme know what you think!  :)

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #95 on: Dec 07, 2015, 12:54 PM »
Very nice!  Loving all the smaller scratches (wire wool?) in addition to the paint chips that reveal the 'metal' beneath.  Reminds me of the shots that were on Wired the other week (http://www.wired.com/2015/11/star-wars-force-awakens-props/#slide-14 ) of the Force Awakens props.
Cool!

Bare Col'Mera

• "BAH-reh"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #96 on: Dec 07, 2015, 01:06 PM »
Wow, vod, I can't believe I've missed this thread so far.  YOur work is fantastic!  You've put a lot of effort and love into your build, and it shows.  Kudos, sir!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #97 on: Dec 07, 2015, 02:44 PM »
This is an utterly fantastic looking helmet! Great work!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #98 on: Dec 08, 2015, 10:45 AM »
The form of this helmet is fantastic. Great job!

Working on it

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #99 on: Dec 08, 2015, 10:47 AM »
Looking good vod! Looking good!  ;D

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!