Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question: belt styles (Aurra Sing double holster belt style okay?)

• 3 Replies
I see most people use a tactical style belt, with lots of pouches, some with drop holsters. I'd like to go a different route if feasible.

Wondering if there is anything against using something Aurra Sing inspired. Two crossed belts with a drop on either side with thigh attachments.
Not sure if that would be okay, because my design would be obvious that it was directly inspired by a screen characters piece and I'm not sure if it's taboo to use something that may be considered "signature". (?)

There will definitely be quite a few modifications and changes, but I really like the aesthetics of the crossed belts.

For reference, here's a couple ref pictures of the piece I'd like to base it on.
Screen:

And someone from 501st:

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rook Orar

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
I have an aurra holster for my kit. Its all up to you and what you want leather is always best. I suggest http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=65417.0 His work is next to art and high quality later I'll post pictures of my aurra holster for you!

If I am to die this night I would see that this night does not pass quietly.
Thanks Baheine

Sort of seems like a silly question now that I've asked it, but I wanted to make sure before I spent time designing and making the set.
I'm going to *attempt* to make the belts myself, I have a tiny bit of leather working experience, and lots of left over material.
I will definitely check that thread out in case I need a back up plan!

Would for sure love to see yours and especially what it looks like on with full or partial kit  :D

Rook Orar

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
absolutely I'll be following this post can't wait to see what you come up with! 8)

If I am to die this night I would see that this night does not pass quietly.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!