Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Making our Daughter's Mando...WIP pics :)

• 15 Replies

Katiin Kyram

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Making our Daughter's Mando...WIP pics :)
« on: Aug 12, 2015, 10:03 PM »
So Big Daddy (Talyc Kyram) is building littlest spawn (8yrs old) her Mando & this conversation happened: BD: "What designs do you want Momma to make for your Mando?" Littlest Spawn: "OOOHHHHH...I want a dragon on it on for our family, & a mythosaur skull, oh and can you put diamonds on it & a bow somewhere too like my darth vader...I can totally look cute while I kill people. It will be like a trap won't it mom, they'll think I'm all cute then I can catch them & make lots of $$!!!" .....She may just end up being the most dangerous Mando out there, hehe, here are pics of her armor (to match Daddy's legacy design of course) before paint with some of our armor to show scale...It's so tiny & too stinkin' cute!

Here is her backplate & chest/ab armor with her shoulders next to my gauntlet & blaster :)

Daddy seeing how it fits his mini-me....

And here's one of her back plate on top of Daddy's backplate...

Here is how he measured and planned out her mini-sized armor...

"Here's why you can't exterminate us, aruetii. We're not huddled in one place—we span the galaxy. We need no lords or leaders—so you can't destroy our command. We can live without technology—so we can fight with our bare hands. We have no species or bloodline—so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we certainly can kill you."

Ni'kita Katiin Kyram

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Making our Daughter's Mando...WIP pics :)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2015, 12:12 AM »
This is awesome! Please, please, please, more updates?  I can't wait to do this for my oldest spawn, then the middle one, then the youngest... :laugh:

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Talyc Kyram

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2015, 05:54 AM »
I will most definitely keep taking more pictures for Nik to post :)

Talyc Kyram

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2015, 11:06 AM »
More pics of the progress...

all hard parts complete

itty bitty sanding her armor & prepping to help paint

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Teach em young! Love that she's actually helping, moments like this are my favorite with my daughter.

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2015, 01:31 PM »
So awesome!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2015, 02:07 PM »
Can't wait to start my son's armor. Hardest part? Color scheme. What he wants changes week-to-week. :rolleyes:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Havelock

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2015, 02:29 PM »
I'm lucky in that regard.  I know my girl's armor colors will be pink and purple until she's at least 8.   :laugh:

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Can't wait to start my son's armor. Hardest part? Color scheme. What he wants changes week-to-week. :rolleyes:
That doesn't change with age my friend, I'm very fickle when it comes to color too. I'm looking to change up mine now and I'm almost done!  :laugh: :laugh:

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Talyc Kyram

« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2015, 08:10 PM »
Some more pics...    Baby Mando Legacy style.....

layering the paint.....

almost done...

knees and shoulders...

Back and chest...

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2015, 08:47 PM »
wow, that back piece is fantastic!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Talyc Kyram

« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2015, 09:01 PM »
it's all her design.  we just need to do the helmet, chest diamond and softparts now....

Syper

• Mess with the bull....you get the Battle-Horn!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2015, 09:18 PM »
Awesome build:) its great working with kids free sanding labor right, don't tell her about the palm sander yet. we all would have gone nuts if our parents wanted to build Star Wars costumes right. great learning experience for them and patience building for us.

good work Dad

MMCC #1021
Bearded Mando #89
IT-Mando #12
Protector Battalion #37
Syper’s WIP - SYPER's Pre-Pro 2 Build - Syper's Boba Fett Jet Pack Effect

Havelock

« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2015, 11:37 PM »
This coming together so wonderfully.

Danto

• Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.
« Reply #14 on: Sep 04, 2015, 02:13 PM »
it's all her design.  we just need to do the helmet, chest diamond and softparts now....

My Little one is 4, I'm building her a light armor set, I found the Hasbro Boba helmet can be cut down and made to work for kids really easy. I'm not putting ear caps on it yet, I'm trying to keep it really breathable and make sure she can hear well so instead of caps I'm going to add a fleece panel, or screen or something. I can't wait till she's older to make a more advanced set, great job, kit looks awesome.

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: Sep 04, 2015, 02:25 PM »
omg this is so cute!! I love little verd'ika armor!

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!