Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Painting Question

• 3 Replies
Painting Question
« on: Apr 07, 2020, 09:58 PM »
This might have been addressed before, but does anyone have a preferred method of painting or one they suggest is the best? I was planning on doing it straight from a spray can, but was wondering if an airbrush might be better, or if anyone had some useful tips. Thanks!

Re: Painting Question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2020, 03:31 AM »
G'day mate,
First off what's your experience with a spray can , and do you own an airbrush?  I use both, spray cans do the job but colour range may be limited. An airbrush can offer more control and ability to mix custom colours. If you plan on buying an airbrush, I'd suggest a double action one. A single action is same as a spray can where as a double action allows you to control the amount of paint to air  via the action. Press down the 'trigger' activates the air, pulling it back releases paint...further back the more paint
Besides all that, how much are you going to put into painting?
My approach is try get as realistic as possible, so I go with the layering method......paint and use of a masking medium....repeat a few times. Always keep in mind your final look. I like a lot of detail so this allows me  to get a bit .
If you want a like new finish, id say there's a lot to consider....temperature outside, distance holding spray can / airbrush from surface, paint viscosity, build up layers gradually
Hope that helps abit...any questions just ask or pm
Here's an example of my approach ....used but spray can and airbrush

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2020, 11:19 AM »
So this is going to be my first build and i'm pretty novice with painting, however all of that information was extremely helpful. I'm not necessarily going for a new look, but also not going from a weathered one either, so it's gonna be one of those figure it out as i go type deals. Again, much, much appreciated.   :jango:

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2020, 01:15 PM »
Anytime 🤙🏻

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!