Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP

• 3 Replies

Ricre Wolff

• I crave a challenge
First Kit WIP
« on: Apr 02, 2020, 01:59 PM »
I am so excited to make my first kit and hopefully get accepted into the mercs!

This is my original concept for the color scheme

I have purchased all the tools and paints and what not over the past few weeks or so. I also managed to get some samples of sintra and made three test pieces to practice all the techniques I have learned from tutorials.

I did do some weathering with black paint to make it look dirty, but it's kinda hard to see in the photos. I am also trying to decide on which orange I want to do. I still can't decide whether I like the darker orange or the brighter orange better. Overall, I am pretty happy with how they turned out. I received some bigger pieces of sintra the other day and I am going to begin working on the other pieces of my armor within the next day or two. 

Ricre Wolff

• I crave a challenge
Re: First Kit WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2020, 02:03 PM »
Another thing I forgot to mention was I did get my jumpsuit. I just purchased one of those Dickies coveralls. I've removed the pockets and I just have to sew up the two front pockets. I'm also thinking I may try to adjust the legs to make them less bulky.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards Airmobile brigade member 40+ hrs of Charity Work Special Weapons Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Consider me following.

-Rob

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262

Ricre Wolff

• I crave a challenge
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Finished my shins and thighs yesterday. Pretty happy with how they turned out.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!