Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Ovan's Legacy Mandalorian Armoury

• 10 Replies
WIP Ovan's Legacy Mandalorian Armoury
« on: Aug 17, 2015, 12:48 AM »
My sincerest salutations to each and every one of you! So I've been lurking the forums the past little while and recently made an account with the intention of sharing my hopeful legacy armour. I recognize I have made alterations to the armour itself but the very root of Mandalorian armour is that it belongs to the wearer and is crafted by them for their own purposes. My Mandalorian roots back to the realms of Star Wars Galaxies where I resided on the surface of Lok with an Imperial city I grew very close with. We celebrated together, lived together, and hunted together (rebels and indigenous lifeforms alike). So why am I here and not joining the 501st as an Imperial? Because I am more drawn to the code of the Mandalorians. The presence of more freedom while also exercising a principle of brotherhood is what sold me on the Mandalorians. Below is a colour palette with my designed armour. The helmet is the Mandalorian Stalker Helmet at present because I simply love the design but that may well change due to my available funds (or lack there of). Please give me your honest input on the alterations I have made to the armour.

The reason I decided upon these particular pauldrons is because I have recognized the plot of my character, residing on Lok, should also include some form of representation of the lifestyle on Lok. The wildlife is just that, wild. And the other lifeforms aren't much better. What makes the planet so scarce is the presence of the kimogila dragons, similar to that of the Krayts of Tatooine. As such the armour should have some of the sleakness of the more "standard" Mandalorian armour and some of the improvisations necessary to intimidate on Lok.

The loin is going to have tears in it when its finished but I'm not skilled enough to draw those in, really. I am also thinking of adding a duster into this. I've got a few ideas, really, and I'm hoping in the next month or two I'll have it fully conceptualized but I figured the input from all of you wonderful peoples would help me figure out which of my ideas I should stick with.

I am also working on some other tidbits, such as my beskad and various trophies all with backstories. The build time I'm looking at is over the next year because of the funds and lack of space or materials to actually start the build but I'm really hoping to be able to have this ready for Toronto Fan Expo 2016 as my debut. So here we go, vods. Let us begin this journey together!

Re: WIP Ovan's Legacy Mandalorian Armoury
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2015, 12:56 AM »
So these are images of my trophies that I have planned:

This is the sith lightsaber hilt that I plan to include in my trophies that already has a story behind it. The idea is that the sith who once owned this was captured through the use of a CryoBan grenade which caused something within the hilt to dislodge. The reason for not completely breaking the hilt in some way is because I want to include reasonable purpose for it to have minor functionality insofar as I hope to wire in lights so that the crystal chamber that you can see the window of around the base of the hilt will flicker when the saber is activated. If asked why I haven't repaired it the answer is simple: I don't have the knowledge of the weaponry to do so.

This is the jedi hilt that I intend to actually break by emulating the hilt taking a direct shot from a sniper. The story behind this is still in the works as far as I'm concerned but that will come in due time.

The colours are most certainly not set in stone but the idea has been visualized at the very least. Let me know your thoughts!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2015, 11:09 AM »
I love your concept and your shoulder pauldrons! I have the stalker bucket and I can tell you that they are awesome! I will be following your build with interest! Great job so far!

OM#2144

Jasand

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2015, 11:16 AM »
I think you have a great silhouette going here.  I don't think you'd need any extra cloth on the torso (capes, jackets), but that is just my opinion.  This look keeps you sleek, yet a little spikey and very intimidating.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2015, 01:02 PM »
Gotta agree with the others so far that the design is aesthetically pleasing and those shoulders are quite nice! I've laid hands on a couple people's stalker helmets and I am very impressed with the design. I'd also say if you do a duster to go sleeveless as to not take away from your arm armor detail. And even armed with a beskad it is highly encouraged to have at least one blaster for your kit even if it's a holdout blaster.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Definitely a nice looking design. Can't wait to see it built.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2015, 05:27 PM »
looks.great!
i.was.gonna.go.with.a.stalker.at.first.as.well.

Bern'Dal

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2015, 11:56 PM »
I also own the Stalker amd it is a very well made helmet. Just don't expect to get it quickly. His turnaround is quite long due to the amount of orders and the clean up he puts into the helmet. The armor concept is nice and I will be watching this to see the progress made.

Endorn

• MMCC# 1147
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2015, 08:43 PM »
SO MUCH YES on those shoulders mate.  Love it!

"We're more than just a people or an army. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we can certainly kill you. " --- Mandalore the Destroyer

Ka'ra Pitat Woorkem

• When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 18, 2015, 01:48 PM »
I'm showing my nerd side here, but those pauldrons look to me to be from Dragon Age 2.

When the needle climbs, the engines scream, and the blue fades to black...
Where the twinkling lights of stars becomes a sea of light among the dark...
There is where you'll find me.
Praeter Calum Ad Astrum - Beyond the Sky, to the Stars
See you Starside
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2016, 12:33 PM »
Thats Amazing. I look forward to seeing this made.

"Ain't no thing like me, except me."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!