Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mika Mirdala's WIP (Another Desert Mando!)

• 32 Replies

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Mika Mirdala's WIP (Another Desert Mando!)
« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2015, 03:46 AM »
Looks much better. 

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2015, 04:02 AM »
Much better, although now it looks like the sides of your chest plates (specifically the downward points) need a little additional shapping.

Loving the weathering on the plates, keep up the good work!!!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Am Vindam

• Cat # 0761
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Aug 30, 2015, 04:55 AM »
I agree with Naasad on the shaping. It looks like your right chest plate isn't as formed to your body as the left one.

Really digging that paint scheme, though! Keep it up!

Vagabond Nexu

Elegant Mando's Tea Society #055
B.E.A.R.D.S. #066
R.A.M. #010
Nerf-Herder #004

chibimando

• Mika Mirdala Prudii
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Aug 30, 2015, 06:04 PM »
Thanks! :)

Okay I'll set it outside in the AZ sun and that should get it ready to shape XD lol just kidding, I'll use a heat gun. (Although I'm pretty sure that's how my shin plate got reshaped by accident, I left it outside...in nature's oven)

"A mirdala prudii cuyir draar o'r te tenn."
- "A clever shadow is never seen."

O.M. #1392
M5 #67
Clan: Manda'galaar
Official Invasions: 4

Am Vindam

• Cat # 0761
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Aug 30, 2015, 10:29 PM »
You could always shape your plates AND cook eggs on those hot rocks. Multitasking!

Vagabond Nexu

Elegant Mando's Tea Society #055
B.E.A.R.D.S. #066
R.A.M. #010
Nerf-Herder #004

chibimando

• Mika Mirdala Prudii
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #30 on: Aug 31, 2015, 12:51 AM »
lol This is true!

O.M. #1392
M5 #67

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #31 on: Oct 28, 2015, 10:08 AM »
Just wanted to pop in and set your set is looking awesome! Glad you were able to trim the set to your needs. I love your paint scheme and weathering!

chibimando

• Mika Mirdala Prudii
« Reply #32 on: Oct 28, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Thank you so much vod :) They worked out great! Thanks so much for the great plates! I'm almost ready to apply, oya!

O.M. #1392
M5 #67

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!