Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Warspirit first armor planning

• 4 Replies

Adenn'Kal

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Warspirit first armor planning
« on: Aug 22, 2015, 01:01 PM »
OK Update : 2015-08-23

Hi everyone,

Joined the club a short while ago. Cosplay has been haunting me for over a year now and since discovering that it was bugging a friend too andtalking over it we decided to start mandlorians armor for our first cosplay.

I'm someone who always work on his stuff, nothing's never truly finished. I take my time building so i don't know when this armor will be finished. I would love for halloween with my kids but who knows !

Ok, for my long term goal i aim to apply for a Jedi Hunter, so everything i'm planning is toward this goal, from color to armor to gadgets and you know the drill.

So first things first, color scheme :

Since I live in Quebec, where it's almost always winter, i'm going for a winter/urban color scheme. So mainly an off white (with a small tint of tan in it), light and dark greys and black. I also want some contrast to it, so i plan of adding some metallic copper to the armor, around the visor and the shoulder plates.

For the armor itself, i love the legacy armor but legacy buckets turns me off. For me there's two things characteristic of a mando helmet, a T-visor and the cheeks. I love the open T-visor, but with the lack of cheeks it jkust looks like a bucket turned over with a dome and a visor opening. So what i'd like to do is a mix between modern and legacy, open visor with a more classic modern look overall. I'll ask an APP member after i have drawn something.

Did a sketch for my helmet. Happy with the overall look so i'll go with this.

Since i plan to join the force hunters, armor needs to be medium to heavy. So that means :

Helmet
Front and back plate
Bracers - WIP see tread here : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=97859.0
Shoulders
Neck
Collar
legs
knees
shin
boots
Jetpack or jetboots

For the weapons i plan :

Darts (on bracer) - WIP
Flamer (on bracer) - WIP
Blaster pistol
Blaster rifle
Blade
Grenades

When i started planning my armor, I got my hands on a piece of 3 mm sintra that my brother had. Wanted to try the material, see how it worked out so i printed the templates for boba fett gauntlets from rotj. As it turned out i loved the result so i decided to keep working on them for my armor.

I know the jetpack is a lot of work, so i'll probably go at first for jetboots. I got my idea for this too, will have to do a sketch tonight.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Warspirit first armor planning
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Legacy is a subset of Modern, so you're welcome to mix and match to your heart's content.  I like your plan, and your colors are great.  I'll be watching with interest.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Legacy is a subset of Modern, so you're welcome to mix and match to your heart's content.  I like your plan, and your colors are great.  I'll be watching with interest.

It's also what i understand from legacy armor but still better safe than sorry as they say ;-). Thanks for your comment. I'll try to post some sketch for the helmet this afternoon.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Legends of Mandalore Brigade Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2015, 09:55 AM »
Looks good!!

No problem with mixing Legacy and Modern.

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Thanks Keland !

Ok, been thinking about my jet boots. What i don't like about jetpacks and jetboots in star wars, all those cone shape thrusters, as if in all that universe no one could do anything but cone thrusters. I love a more rectangular or angular shape for thrusters and want to be sure I can do this for my armor so I started to do some research. Pulled all my old SW rpg books, surfed the web and the gods be blasted to pieces, it seems as if all engineers in SW do cone shape thrusters.....

But I did find some reference. First being of course YT-1300, but also Gthroc 720 freighters front thrusters, Kandosii type dreadnoughts, the moldy crow and D-5 mantis patrol craft. Sure there's more but these  should be enough reference for my sketch.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!