Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dha Kelborn WIP

• 18 Replies
Dha Kelborn WIP
« on: Aug 23, 2015, 07:03 PM »
Finally getting some where with my kit. Getting excited for the finished product.

What I want the paint job to look like

Custom plates all cut out

My helmet with the final coat.

Mercy

Re: Dha Kelborn WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2015, 10:18 PM »
Nice paint on the helmet. I like how you carried the purple along the detail lines.

You know who I am. Even a monster such as you has nightmares.
Before you die...say my name...

Master Build Thread
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2015, 10:31 PM »
Thanks, I do need to take a new picture though. I have another purple strip that goes down the left side of the helmet and will follow the purple strip down the armor.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2015, 06:05 AM »
Looking good!

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2015, 07:18 AM »
New Kelborn on the block, Purple involved, awesooooome  ;D

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2015, 12:24 AM »
Absolutely beautiful!  More, please.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Finally got the rounded piece for my armor. Here is what I want the plates to look like. Anyone see anything wrong with them?

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2016, 06:25 PM »
Is that a casting of your chest or a shop dummy parts?

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2016, 06:27 PM »
It is a blank from the mandalorian Arsenal because I wanted custom designed plates. Just wanted to make sure before I cut it, that it looks good or if I should modify it more.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2016, 06:30 PM »
It is a blank from the mandalorian Arsenal because I wanted custom designed plates. Just wanted to make sure before I cut it, that it looks good or if I should modify it more.

I'm thinking Ruus'alor or app team member will be the best opinion there

« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2016, 06:33 PM »
Thanks ^.^

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2016, 08:51 PM »
I like the shape of the plates :) it looks like though that the ab plate is sitting too low on the mold which means it might sit too low on you... Hard to say without seeing the template on you. I love the colors but I might be a little biased to the purple :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2016, 09:01 PM »
No the base of the mold sits right above my belly button.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Got a pic of the mold against you, as it does look far too long.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2016, 01:43 PM »

« Reply #15 on: Apr 21, 2016, 02:16 PM »
Love the colors on the helmet.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #16 on: Apr 21, 2016, 06:23 PM »
No, you're right, ab is the right size, however it's an optical illusion - the chest plates look a little small now it's on you. I'd add half an inch to the top of them and recentre the diamond space. I'd also make the little bottom tabs on the chest plate a little larger so the gap between chest and ab plates is more even.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2016, 01:09 AM »
Thank you I'll get that changed and a new pic when I can

« Reply #18 on: Apr 24, 2016, 05:04 AM »
Love the colors on the helmet.

I agree with raider, colours are great, paint execution top notch as well, smooth clean coat, lines are spot on as well
Good work vod

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!