Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tokrim Armour WIP

• 11 Replies

Tokrim

Tokrim Armour WIP
« on: Sep 01, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Hi Guys,

Time to get the official Armour WIP up and running.
So Far I have a few pieces of armour cut as took sizing photos using my Area's (Vok'Chi) section of the forums.
So just need to sand primer (fill, resand and primer again) and paint them.

Going to be going for a Weapon Master build using a Force Pike and Pistols weapon setup.

I have the following Colour Scheme in mind, bearing in mind that MandoMaker does not give you the ability to pattern the parts just add block colours so this will be a canvas for some design work on top.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Tokrim Armour WIP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2015, 02:22 PM »
Bold color choices.  I'm very much a fan.  Can't wait to see more.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2015, 08:22 AM »
Put a design on them, maybe writing, weather up, grime down........ yep I think that will turn out nicely ;D

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:23 PM »
Its been a while as Tokrim has had allot of computer problems and linking pictures isn't very easy on a phone, so he's passed the pictures and concepts to me to upload for him.
BTW : this will have to be moved to components as building has started ;)
Ok here we go.
Bottom line the whole concept has changed  :rolleyes:

There is a definite weapon master theme now and pooling from the galaxies universe.

Weapon:

Main colour Purple

Under layer for chipping/weathering

and already have a gold for detailing

Got project lid thanks to a Vod in the Vok'chi

Initial detailing idea is trimming possibly lines like this too

Chest and back plates:

Armoured loin pieces:

Influences from the Galaxies game:

I think thats all it, any comments and advice will be appreciated  ;D

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:27 PM »
Nice, will be following!

Tokrim

« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2017, 03:37 PM »
Ok time for a long overdue update...

This is the main bulk of the work done. Biceps and Shoulders are new and still need sanding and filling but the photo was to show some colleagues and to gauge from my fellow Mercs as to how it looks. Kama seemed to get caught on the Thigh plates but seeing as the Kama is getting armoured with the Loin soon that wont happen again  ;)
Side and rear views:

To renew knowledge of the original plan as the hosting on some of the images above stopped working...

Here is an idea of how the Armoured Loin should look...

And the Helmet so far...
Front:

Sides:

Rear:

Tak'ur

• Ner oyay cuyir tracyn bal tal
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2017, 05:05 PM »
That's a Buy'ce and a half! I bet there was some colourful language whilst getting that right!

Looking forward to seeing this coming together...

“When you find yourself surrounded by those who don't know or care who you are, comfort yourself knowing that you are part of something far greater and more powerful than they will ever have the privilege of knowing.”

Jaryn Solus

• Sometimes it's better to think rather than speak
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2017, 09:39 AM »
Bookmarked to follow :)

Owner of Cabiris Workshop - Custom and Bespoke 3D printed accessories
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=155271.0

Tokrim

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2017, 04:31 PM »
With Vegadane's help I have now painted the Helmet and commenced work on sanding and filling the shoulders.

Tokrim

« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Ok so at the weekend I popped over to Vegadane's (an old friend who is also working on a Merc Kit) place to get some daylight photos... time was limited and I had my terrible 3 y.o. with me so had to constantly run after him. Anyway here are the terrible daylight photos that might give you a better idea of how things will look...

As I am still at the getting plates sanded ready for painting and the like we are still using tape to hold them on for photos... this really does not work, plates were slipping everywhere or falling off and needing reapplying and above is about the best we could do in the situation we had.

Known issues in the Photos...
I forgot Gauntlets (they are only the inner wraps anyway)
Trauma plates on shoulders were not attached...
Kama slipped down at the back
looks like my gut slipped over the girth a bit at the front, popping the ab plate out of alignment.
various plate slippage in each photo but once vest and velcro attached we should be able to get proper fitting photos...

Sto-Las Amari

• Never stop fighting for what you believe in
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2017, 03:39 PM »
You’re making some great progress Vod! Those shoulders are beastly! I recommend trimming down your ab plate, a little of the top as it looks a bit to long. Keep up the great work Vod :)

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2017, 03:54 PM »
The bottom of your ab plate should be sitting right at or around your navel.  So you might need to trim some off your chest plates, as well.  Additionally, the spacing between all your torso plates should be a "thumbs width," or about an inch.  If you can raise your collar plate higher, that will help greatly.  Also, you'll want to form your shin plates a bit more to the curve of your legs.

Overall, this is coming along very nicely.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!