Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Warspirit's bucket

• 75 Replies

Adenn'Kal

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Warspirit's bucket
« on: Sep 06, 2015, 01:13 PM »
Hi everyone,

So I started my work on my bucket. It's a entire scratch built project, except for the dome for witch i use a skateboard helmet. Bucket will have a legacy style visor.

I was thinking at first to put two RF, but after finishing the first I am rethinking this, not that the first one is not good but just because of the work. Knowing myself i'll surely do it but i'm not tempted right now :).

Adenn'Kal

Re: Warspirit's bucket
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2015, 03:37 PM »
Well like i said, i knew i would do it.

Just missing the upper part for the RF.

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Continued work tonight and it went well. Visor as veen bent and adjusted to the bucket :)

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2015, 11:11 PM »
That's a great start Vod

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2015, 08:36 PM »
Thanks Vod !

Work still going on. Had a good armor day with a friend today and made good progress. Cheeks are cut and the structure built. I mounted the cheek and used metal bars for support for the cheek bone. I had some trial and errors but with the help of Rehoj we were able to fix it.

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2015, 10:32 AM »
WarSpirit, what material did you use for your ear caps?  Is it layered Sintra?  The angles and the cuts are looking very sharp.  This is where I had the most trouble on my built.

Lookin foward to seeing the final result.

Eric

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2015, 01:54 PM »
what's your color scheme vod? Definitely looking forward to the production of this. Great job!

"It makes me happy that I make you nervous...that tells me you aren't stupid."

Armor:

Helmet:

Techblade a.k.a Dral Tracinya : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111300.0

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2015, 07:54 PM »
@ Balou34

Yes the ear cas are made from 3 mm layered sintra based on boba fett helmet template the base was extended since my helmet is taller than boba. For the body 4 3mm layer. The angles were rough sanded with a dremel and a 60grit rotary tip. The cap a 3mm layered sintra and the top a 2 layer 3 mm sintra. Rough sanded with 60grit again.

@chameleoncode

Thanks vod,

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Nice! Great contrast

"It makes me happy that I make you nervous...that tells me you aren't stupid."

Armor:

Helmet:

Techblade a.k.a Dral Tracinya : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111300.0

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2015, 08:03 PM »
Work went well today. I was able to assemble my top and the face plate togheter and open the visor. I'm missing a second layer to the face plate than i'll be able to put the ears on.

I've put fiberglass bondo inside the helmet to fix everything and it sems good.

Comments always welcome !

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2015, 08:27 PM »
That bucket is turning out really nice so far vod!

QMU#084

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Thanks Vod,

I'm quite happy on how it's going. I'm hoping that by the end of the week everything will be assemble and bondoed.

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #12 on: Sep 29, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Ok added a second layer of 2 mm sintra on rhe face plate to give it more thickness. Result mow i'm thorn. I draw a T-visor just to see the look and now i can't decide what i like most, open legacy visor or traditional T-visor darn. What do you guys think ?

Also as you can see i started work on my RF's. I saw Mer-Sonn take on rf with a clear plastic with engraving and i knew i had to go with that. I love the shape on how it's turning out and i'll assemble the other one tonight. Fir now i built sintra stalks just to see hiw things look but i'll need aluminum ones.

Bowfanny

« Reply #14 on: Sep 29, 2015, 11:46 PM »
Do your own style of both visor styles Vod! Those RFs are looking awesome btw. Great work so far!

QMU#084

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #15 on: Sep 30, 2015, 09:14 AM »
Thanks vod. I suppose that i'll do open visor first and after that i'll di a second helmet T-visor style. Just more work on the bench :).

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 2015, 09:50 PM »
So decided that i should stick with my first idea. First test with tinted visor. Got some asymetry to fix on the right cheek bone curve and i must redo the tint, couldn't get my hand with the film on the first try.

I truly love the look. Can't wait to paint that bucket !

Bowfanny

« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2015, 10:24 PM »
It's looking very nice Vod. I've never tinted anything myself so good on you for doing it!

QMU#084

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 2015, 11:06 PM »
Thanks vod, but i discovered that putting tinted film on a small curved visor is realy a pain. I hope next try will be better. Now i look like a total nerd viewing a season 10 episode of supernatural with my helmet on to enjoy it a bit and see if it fogs a lot 😀

Bowfanny

« Reply #19 on: Oct 06, 2015, 12:42 AM »
Thanks vod, but i discovered that putting tinted film on a small curved visor is realy a pain. I hope next try will be better. Now i look like a total nerd viewing a season 10 episode of supernatural with my helmet on to enjoy it a bit and see if it fogs a lot 😀
Dude you're lucky I've not found season 10 yet. But I will say that being relaxed on the sofa isn't the same as being on a con floor where you are in full kit and steam your helmet up by walking five feet. Lol

QMU#084

Bowfanny

« Reply #21 on: Oct 06, 2015, 11:53 AM »
Lol i don't doubt you a single minute vod ! 😀
I did it this past weekend for 9.5 hours the first day and 5 hours on second day. It was fun, although my fan kits will be going back in the helmet here before this next weekend because im doing a library event. I can't wait to see where else you're going with this helmet Vod it's looking very nice.

QMU#084
« Reply #22 on: Oct 10, 2015, 06:45 PM »
I like your take on the open visor. If I were a force hunter, I'd go with the unrestrained field of view the open visor offers, and since you worked the cheeks in it looks quite good, compared to the legacy helms.

As for the tint, it IS a pain... mine wrinkled again if I put a curve to it. I've made a test though of flipping the visor and have the tint outside the helmet instead of in, thus stretching the film instead of bunching it up. Still have to find a way to beat the fog, will try glass washer spray, see if it works.

CAT #1573

Adenn'Kal

« Reply #23 on: Oct 12, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Ok sonyesterday had an armor party. Continued work on the bicket and spent a lot of time sanding in preparation for priming. This morning i primed my helmet. Long story short seeing too many little scratches i sanded the bucket completely to bare plastic and restarted again. I was able this afternoon to prime and guve a metallic coat to my bucket. The end result, bucket looks great and my fingers barely have any skin left due to intense sanding.

Can't wait to paint it !

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!