Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Interesting Source for Booster Pack

• 5 Replies

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Interesting Source for Booster Pack
« on: Sep 09, 2015, 11:15 AM »
So, after going through literally 9 pages of jetpack threads, this thread has really inspired me.  I loved his idea to make a "booster" pack for faster forward thrust which really fits well into my heavy armor theme that I'm going for.  Something to make the suit much more agile, while still being a walking tank.  :)

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52757.0

He used a corner toilet brush holder to make a seriously impressive booster pack.  I think the only thing I'll do a bit different is to add some sort of fuel tank going down the middle of the lower back plate, with some cool hoses going to each jet. 

I work for a plumbing wholesale company and just happened to be walking in the warehouse this morning when I stumbled on these!!  1-1/2" plastic roof flashing.  When I saw them, I immediately thought of Sirus' booster pack.  I seriously think these will work great, so I grabbed a few.  And the best part is they're only like $2/ea.  :)

Stay tuned! 

Zechs

• Overkill is underrated
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Interesting Source for Booster Pack
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2015, 10:12 PM »
NICE!  I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on this

AKA "Lightning Rod"

"Heh.  You survived?  I can fix that."

MMCC #1082
BOMB #41
MABEL #54
ALUMINATI #28

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2016, 11:03 AM »
Definitely a cool idea. think this kind of boster would look awesome on you're kit! great fan of you're kit (A) Following this treat really wanna see it finished  ;D

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2016, 11:33 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement guys!!  Since I posted this, I've decided to go in a different direction.  Thinking more along the lines of enclosed shin plates with boosters on the back of each calf.  8)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!