Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Reh Oj - Soft parts

• 20 Replies

Reh Oj

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Reh Oj - Soft parts
« on: Sep 24, 2015, 01:50 AM »
Hi Vod,
as I have to wait to have a chance to buy my flight suit in a shop only open on business hours and at 3 hours away from my house.  I started on working on some soft parts like my belt's pouch.  I want to build them all in leather.  Same thing with vest and maybe my kama but I will talk about that later. 

This is the model to which I ended by after certain tests . Nothing to fency, simple, but easy to build.

So feel free to comment and criticize.

Re: Reh Oj - Soft parts
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2015, 11:38 AM »
What are you thinking of using to hold it closed? I was searching on ebay at leather ammo pouches. I personally liked the ones that had the metal piece sticking off the bottom and the strap came down the front and went underneath. Check out ebay for some ideas. I am hoping to buy a few light colored ones and use leather dye so I can have the color I am going for.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2015, 04:22 PM »
I like that look for pouches. I made something similar for an Adam West Batman costume. You can do the whole thing in fewer pieces if you make the pattern. Here's a quick sketch of what I mean. Less sewing this way and it makes it stronger.

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

Reh Oj

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2015, 11:08 PM »
Some update of my stuff.

First poutch, first time I try leatherworking, really fun to do but I will change small thing for the one on my kit.

Girth belt, still need to taint them

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2015, 08:12 AM »
Hello again RehOj,

Did you make that girth belt?  If so, I was wondering how you did the loops for the rings at the ends?

I have to redo mine since it to wide and I'm still looking for a decent way of attaching belts to it.

Thanks.

Also, did you check on The Dented Helmet?  There is a nice tuto on how to make ammo pouchs http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/batninjas-ammo-pouch-tutorial-8797/

Thats the way I did mine, the only issue is that they're unusable.  They are very easy to put together.

Hope it helps.

Eric

Reh Oj

« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2015, 11:05 AM »
Hey Balou,

Yes I made my girth belt, I'il take photos later of the back to show you how all is holding together. I have to add leather straps to joint and attach it to my waist.  But I want to taint them before. 

I have checker this totu for the poutch (and many more) but I like to have something usable, They are not so long to put together and stiching it by hand, but I really enjoy doing leatherworking so far.

If we meet next weekend at the concert I can bring some stuff with me to show you.

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2015, 08:16 AM »
Thank's for the info RehOj.

Leather work is fun, my first set of pouchs were leather.  I might find something to do with them later.

See you saturday.

Eric

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2015, 12:55 AM »
Those both look great! ;D

What do you plan on using as a closure for your pouch?

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2015, 12:24 PM »
Wow super impressed with your pouches and belt! Keep up the great work :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Reh Oj

« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2016, 09:29 PM »
So long time since I post something, just busy to work on my kit.  There some update for my girthbelt and poutch/amo belt. 

dye done and closure make in thick leather.  Still have to make hole on the strap, but I'm waiting to put all my soft part before.

Have to figure something on the belt

Still have to find a something to close them, I have I some idea but not found them or not happy with my tryout.

amo clip, I have added the same clip desing on my pistol

next time I'll post my vest and flight suit but need someone to take the picture.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2016, 08:46 AM »
That is some beautiful work right there. I can't wait to see this kit come together!

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Reh Oj

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 09:55 PM »
Long time since I post, but I still keep working on my stuff.  There some progress of soft part, all is there but I havent paint anything so no weathering for now.

Vest, maked from a heavy cloth curtain that I've found on sale for almost nothing.

inside (inspire by whitecrow vest)

Back

front

closure side

with plate that I want to install with bolts and eyelets (the ab plate is not trimed yet, I want to have the right spacing so I wait to attach all the upper plate before)

and finally, all the stuff I have so far, I post the here because I'm almost done with the soft part (excepting weathering)

bucket and colar intergrated with the flight suit

Belt with futur holster and pistol

holster and pistol that i will use for my approval kit (I focus only on stuff for approval now but I have a lot more pieces in WIP for futur improve)

boot with half chap that cover brand name and they will have armor attached on her later

That wath I have for now, I have to finish my kit for the end of june. that my personla deadline for sending approval pictures.

CC always welcome.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 10:53 PM »
Wow! No kidding about the big update! Looking good!

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 11:56 PM »
This is looking really nice.  You do very nice work, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 09:23 PM »
Good work :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Reh Oj

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 01:38 AM »
Thank's all.  Still working, backplate similar/inspire by TWC deathwatch is coming soon :)

Reh Oj

« Reply #17 on: Aug 06, 2016, 01:01 AM »
To improve my kit, I have make a armband with 5 rockets to be able to abuse of this really nice toy we have to blow thing.  This is a black leather hand stiched with 2 elastic strap in the inside.

I have to finish and paint 5 mores rockets

What do you thing?
I have a troop in 2 weeks so pictures in kit is coming.

« Reply #18 on: Aug 17, 2016, 06:26 PM »
It's all looking really good. I may steel your idea for the missile armband.  :laugh:

only thing I noticed I would have changed is on the pouches I would have stitched them on the inside and you could still reversthem if you were willing to cut the stitching . If you stitch it inside out (finished side to the inside) then  flip it right side out so the stitches aren't visible. make sure the belt loops are stitched on normally before you begin stitching. the loop should end up on the inside until it gets flipped. on smaller items when using thicker leather it help to soak the leather before flipping it.

My father and I have done custom leather work for 45+ years between us and always done it this way  but most of our stuff has been middle ages and renneaisance. It gives a more hand craftsman, less assembly line finish. That is just my personal opinion your mileage may vary

Reh Oj

« Reply #19 on: Aug 19, 2016, 10:27 PM »
It's all looking really good. I may steel your idea for the missile armband.  :laugh:
Steal it, I have a trooping tomorrow so I can post some picture soon and you will have a better idea of the overall look.

only thing I noticed I would have changed is on the pouches I would have stitched them on the inside and you could still reversthem if you were willing to cut the stitching . If you stitch it inside out (finished side to the inside) then  flip it right side out so the stitches aren't visible. make sure the belt loops are stitched on normally before you begin stitching. the loop should end up on the inside until it gets flipped. on smaller items when using thicker leather it help to soak the leather before flipping it.

My father and I have done custom leather work for 45+ years between us and always done it this way  but most of our stuff has been middle ages and renneaisance. It gives a more hand craftsman, less assembly line finish. That is just my personal opinion your mileage may vary
When I'm crafted my poutchs, it was my first try at leatherworking.  I eventually want to upgrade them so I keep that your advise in mind. I will probably change the pattern for them too...to be continue.

Reh Oj

« Reply #20 on: Mar 31, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Still working on my kit and just finish my cape, I will wearing it tomorrow in a event and looking how it come out in photo to make some twinking.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!