Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mando in the works!

• 5 Replies

SandieMac

• Blau Vidua
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Mando in the works!
« on: Sep 28, 2015, 11:05 AM »
A work in progress and definitely a labor of love!  The hardest part for me has been working on the chest plates.  I think I have it almost complete except for the gauntlets.  Everything is metal (aluminum) except for the chest plates which are made out of plastic. 

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to make the gauntlets? 

Any and all advice on the armor is truly appreciated!  I know i have to get the spacing down correctly, but this was just a trial run to see how the pieces fit together. 

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Mando in the works!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2015, 11:41 AM »
Hard to tell, but it looks as though you're really close with your spacing. Ab plate may need to come up a bit. Try taking photos facing straight on so we can make sure.

My suggestion for gauntlets is to do clamshells with piano hinges and velcro.

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

SandieMac

• Blau Vidua
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Thank you!! 

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2015, 12:25 PM »
Also looks like the chest plates may need to move closer together to even out the spacing around them and the chest diamond space may need to be a little larger as the diamond seems bigger than the cut outs. Other than that, it's looking fantastic and I second what Corriban said about the gaunts. Plastic piping and/or guttering is popular over here in the UK for easy clamshell gaunts, not sure about where you are but ours don't need much reshaping.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

SandieMac

• Blau Vidua
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2015, 12:41 PM »
Thank you!  I appreciate all the feedback I can get.

I'm in North Carolina and luckily have had some current members of the Mando Mercs assisting me with the cutting and shaping of the armor, so I feel confident about it! :)

the gaunts are on my list to complete this weekend. 

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2015, 02:02 AM »
I have nothing really constructive to add.  I just wanted to say this is a really nice looking kit.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!