Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmeting with glasses

• 14 Replies

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Helmeting with glasses
« on: Sep 29, 2015, 07:22 PM »
If this is the wrong board for this topic, my apologies. I figured this was a construction type of question rather than a theory type of question.

Here goes..... Does anyone wear their buckets with glasses on, and if so, how did you modify your bucket to accommodate the glasses?

Thanks!

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: Helmeting with glasses
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2015, 08:18 PM »
Depending on the size of your noggin, you may have enough space inside your helmet to wear glasses, although it can be tough getting them around the indented cheeks.

Some people will mount an old pair of frames on the inside.  You can also get a pair of glasses using sports or children's frames that sit closer to your face than regular frames.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2015, 08:24 PM »
My helmet is that size where I can still wear it and my glasses just scrap by by lightly touching the indented cheeks. My next bucket is going to be a tad bigger to compensate for wearing glasses. But for now I gotta stick it through with what I have. Even if space is limited on the inside of my helmet.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2015, 10:21 PM »
My Buzzerker from Tom Vader fits my big head and glasses with no problem.  I trimmed the bottom edge at the back so I don't have to moved my glasses to get it on or off.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Thanks vode! I'll be making my own bucket (which both excites me and terrifies me), so I could make my own spacing, to some extent.

Thanks for the encouragement! I was sure I wasn't the only one with this problem. :)

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Erio J'uni

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2015, 01:50 AM »
Thanks vode! I'll be making my own bucket (which both excites me and terrifies me), so I could make my own spacing, to some extent.

Thanks for the encouragement! I was sure I wasn't the only one with this problem. :)

In this group, you're never alone!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Is it my imagination, or does the Pre Vizsla bucket have reduced cheeks (the one with all the antennas)?

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2015, 11:49 AM »
I don't think the cheeks on the Pre Vizla are as deep as on other helmets, but sometimes you don't know until you try a helmet on as to whether you can get it on around your glasses.

If you have clanmates who will let you try their helmets on, you may experiment and see which ones will work best with your head and your glasses.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2015, 11:50 AM »
I don't think the cheeks on the Pre Vizla are as deep as on other helmets, but sometimes you don't know until you try a helmet on as to whether you can get it on around your glasses.

If you have clanmates who will let you try their helmets on, you may experiment and see which ones will work best with your head and your glasses.

That's a good idea. Thanks vod!

Erio J'uni

« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2015, 07:37 PM »
I have a Pre Vizla bucket, as well, and I can still wear my glasses under it.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2015, 08:56 PM »
I made my Pre Vizsla phase 2 helmet myself (pepakura) and my cheeks in that helmet are shallow compared to some of the other helmets out there. They just look deep with all the angles that are right in the front facing section of the helmet. I'm remaking my mould for it so I'll be casting it here in a few more months after I refinish my master.

Almost forgot to mention that I've got a set of Evil Boys fans in the front of my helmet just near the ear areas and they blow across my visor to keep me comfy, I can even wear my glasses while in kit.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2015, 08:59 PM »
Thanks vode! I really appreciate all of the suggestions and encouragement.

I'll gather more suggestions when I build my bucket.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Sep 30, 2015, 09:13 PM »
Thanks vode! I really appreciate all of the suggestions and encouragement.

I'll gather more suggestions when I build my bucket.
When measuring your head measure around your glasses Vod, it'll save you trouble later

QMU#084

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #13 on: Sep 30, 2015, 09:19 PM »
When measuring your head measure around your glasses Vod, it'll save you trouble later

An excellent suggestion! Thanks vod.

Bowfanny

« Reply #14 on: Sep 30, 2015, 11:19 PM »
Oya Vod it's the Helmet enthusiast in me! I've played a lot with different things and also divided by 3.14 to get the width and add 1 inch for wiggle room. It should also be roughly half your shoulder measurement with that.

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!