Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Would this flak vest be allowed ?

• 2 Replies

wmmbuzzkill

• Awards 40% increase or more Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Would this flak vest be allowed ?
« on: Dec 30, 2015, 04:58 PM »
So in my quest to build my mandalorian armour, I've been looking for an alternative to a flak vest with something that I already have lying around... Enter the planet eclipse paintball bounce vest. It's essentially a spandex fit shirt with padded plates sewn in, gives it the look and effect of an armoured under vest. 

It's not A Tshirt, when it's on it fits very nicely and formed so it's not baggy, and with armour on top, it covers any sort of pattern on the piece itself.

my question is if this would be allowed to be used as a flak vest, after any and all sort of logos and wording is covered up.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Would this flak vest be allowed ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2015, 05:05 PM »
No, that wouldn't work. It's way too similar to a t-shirt and won't give you the structural support that your armor needs. It's also going to look like a paintball vest no matter what you do to it. I'm all for recycling, but a vest is very easy to make and doesn't cost much money. I use this tutorial for all my vests.

wmmbuzzkill

• Awards 40% increase or more Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Would this flak vest be allowed ?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2015, 05:26 PM »
No, that wouldn't work. It's way too similar to a t-shirt and won't give you the structural support that your armor needs. It's also going to look like a paintball vest no matter what you do to it. I'm all for recycling, but a vest is very easy to make and doesn't cost much money. I use this tutorial for all my vests.

The only bit I would argue is the fact that the internal support is rigid enough that it stands up on its own. I would provide more than enough support for the armour to stay in place.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!