Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Would this belt pouch work?

• 6 Replies

Jun'yar Ikaad

• The mando formerly known as Bata Aden
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Airmobile brigade member
Would this belt pouch work?
« on: Jan 01, 2016, 06:43 PM »
I was at Lowes yesterday and I came across these pouches and I was wondering if i could use them for my kit? (I know I would need to remove all logos and what not)

Cakes

Re: Would this belt pouch work?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2016, 01:24 AM »
I think you'll be ok if you remove the velcro and give it some weathering to match the rest of your gear. It looks similar to tactical pouches which are approvable.

Jun'yar Ikaad

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2016, 07:17 PM »
I think you'll be ok if you remove the velcro and give it some weathering to match the rest of your gear. It looks similar to tactical pouches which are approvable.
Thanks for the response. Would I have to remove the Velcro? I'll do it, but only if I have to haha

Cakes

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2016, 07:22 PM »
As far as I'm aware velcro is a no go for being visible on gear, it can be left on the area that will be covered by the flap. A seam ripper will make quick work of the stitching so you won't ruin anything , just pull the stiching up till you're under the flap then cut the excess velcro off.

Jun'yar Ikaad

« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2016, 10:41 PM »
As far as I'm aware velcro is a no go for being visible on gear, it can be left on the area that will be covered by the flap. A seam ripper will make quick work of the stitching so you won't ruin anything , just pull the stiching up till you're under the flap then cut the excess velcro off.
thanks for the tip Ill look into that  :D

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2016, 10:10 PM »

If you pull out the stitches, don't cut the thread every stitch.  Just carefully pull each stitch up so you're left with a longish thread at the end, then pull that up and it should pull a small loop through from the back.  Pull that loop through to the front, THEN cut off the excess velcro.  Then tie off the thread (double or square knot) and cut the excess thread.  If you just cut out the seam and cut the excess, it'll gradually tear off unless you added a stitch or two to the end, the pull out thread gives you a solid tie stop.

Jun'yar Ikaad

« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2016, 01:31 AM »
If you pull out the stitches, don't cut the thread every stitch.  Just carefully pull each stitch up so you're left with a longish thread at the end, then pull that up and it should pull a small loop through from the back.  Pull that loop through to the front, THEN cut off the excess velcro.  Then tie off the thread (double or square knot) and cut the excess thread.  If you just cut out the seam and cut the excess, it'll gradually tear off unless you added a stitch or two to the end, the pull out thread gives you a solid tie stop.
Thanks for the tip! Definitely don't want anything to fall apart

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!