Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

pointed ears

• 1 Replies

Odran Krayt

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din (Family is more than blood)
pointed ears
« on: Oct 13, 2015, 05:20 PM »
just wondering, does anyone know if it is possible to make a wax core to cover in latex out of candle wax for elf-like ears?

B.O.M.B.  #85|L.O.B. #41|M.A. #180|MAJIC #184|B.o.B.B #028
New Death Watch Order #44|O.O.P.S! #44
ALUMINATI #053 | V.B.V #7
Odran Krayt WIP
Nexan Armories (Sales thread)
I've been doin' this since I was 10!

Jasand

Re: pointed ears
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2015, 06:57 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I do have a bit of experience making (read: failing to make) prosthetic ears.

I used to be a costumer for professional theatres, and did some make-up and prosthetics building.  I always used the liquid latex, because of the price and affordability, and we were never able to successfully cast elf ears.

WETA and their ilk use the foam latex, which is a different animal and one we couldn't experiment with due to it's needing to be baked.

There are lots of good elf and vulcan ears available at costume shops.  They're affordable and reusable.  I would recommend those every single time.  You can always trim them so they fit a little better.  And if you can hide the seams with your hair and use a little foundation make-up, no one will no they're falsies.  The ear tips are better than full-ears and just slide over your cartilage.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!