Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Late Crusader armor (swtor based) WIP *PIC HEAVY*

• 4 Replies

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
Late Crusader armor (swtor based) WIP *PIC HEAVY*
« on: Aug 12, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Hi everyone from mother Russia!
So, Late Crusader armor, based on swtor bounty hunter armor. This is how it'll looks like at the end (colors may be changed or may be not)

First of all, i wanna thank Mynock's Den for creating such beautiful kit of Shea Vizla, it really helps me, you awesome!

I started with creating chest plate. I chose cardboard as a main material so sure thing it will be armored with epoxy and putty layer, don't worry about this 8)
This how it looks in the beginning

Next step - armoring

Priming

And this is how it looks at this moment

Next thing i need to do is back plate with integrated jetpack. Same thing as with chest - armoring and priming.
Form this:

To this (jetpack coming soon):

Shoulders

Gauntlets

Cod plate and datapad

Belt

Thigh

Right knee

This project is still in progress, i still need to armor a lot of parts and rebuild helmet (first was...not so good as i want), so ill be happy if you give me any advice and suggestion.

P.S First advice that you can give me is how to create abdomen? I thought about EVA, but i think its unacceptable.
P.P.S My english **** so forgive me if i made any mistake)

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Late Crusader armor (swtor based) WIP *PIC HEAVY*
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2015, 05:27 PM »
Looking like a great design.   I assume by "epoxy" you mean it is completely hardened, right?  You are correct that the EVA foam is unacceptable.  One idea for the abs would be to keep with your cardboard method.   If you use a spraybottle or water and just dampen the cardboard you can get it to match a curve and it will stay put when it dries.  You might have to repeat it a few times, curving it slightly more each time.  That might be a way to get it to match the curve of your body

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2015, 07:18 AM »
I have to say, you do very impressive work.

Have a good one,
Hagen

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2015, 11:00 AM »
I had interest in doing something like this since that is my favorite helmet design. Any chance you'd put together a template for that chest/back with integrated jetpack? And the helmet.  :D

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2015, 02:10 AM »
Neat concept, I like the shape.  You are going to want to clean up the edges though, they look pretty rough still.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!