Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

FPV as HUD

• 3 Replies

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
FPV as HUD
« on: Oct 15, 2015, 10:35 AM »
Anyone looked into FPV tech for building the helmet HUD? I'm assuming yes, so tips/tricks/etc. ?

First this:
http://toyland.gizmodo.com/a-streaming-camera-on-this-rc-paper-airplane-lets-you-r-1736312679

Second, what DIY FPV tutorials are out there that folks have already used?

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
Re: FPV as HUD
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2015, 05:08 AM »
I have already considered looking into this (As I already fly FPV quadcopters). (I can't look at your link at work though)

I am not sure that I would want to wear something like the goggles all day though, you can do modifications to mount them inside ski goggles to make them more comfortable.

They are now also coming out with units you wear with screens inside instead. Once they can start shrinking these I think we may get more luck. I had the idea of looking into trying to mount a small camera and screen into an RF to make it functional from that aspect.

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2015, 10:12 PM »
I have been kicking this idea for quite a while.  I found a set of VG glasses that look like they may be small enough to fit.  They take an HDMI input. 
I have been wondering on visability through the T visor and messing with ideas on video feeds for other costume ideas as well.  I'd like to mount a camera on the bucket and run a real-time feed to some type of vr glasses in order to just see better, especially in low light conditions.
http://www.zetronix.com/product_info.php?products_id=248&cPath=26&m1track=googlebase&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed&gclid=CjwKEAiAtf6zBRDS0oCLrL37gFUSJACr2JYbnO-kGy5LFSSPPDUG2WZKUOsjhZWz-204xunun5wUpxoC1dPw_wcB&osCsid=vrtdh0n9k55gn8tkdga6l04ah7#GoogleBase

Darth Tenebrus

• brokar beskar'gam, kad'la ga'amur
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2016, 01:06 AM »
I have been kicking this idea for quite a while.  I found a set of VG glasses that look like they may be small enough to fit.  They take an HDMI input. 
I have been wondering on visability through the T visor and messing with ideas on video feeds for other costume ideas as well.  I'd like to mount a camera on the bucket and run a real-time feed to some type of vr glasses in order to just see better, especially in low light conditions.
http://www.zetronix.com/product_info.php?products_id=248&cPath=26&m1track=googlebase&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed&gclid=CjwKEAiAtf6zBRDS0oCLrL37gFUSJACr2JYbnO-kGy5LFSSPPDUG2WZKUOsjhZWz-204xunun5wUpxoC1dPw_wcB&osCsid=vrtdh0n9k55gn8tkdga6l04ah7#GoogleBase

I found similar glasses like this but half the price on Amazon a few months back, but I hadn't gotten my helmet yet to try building stuff.  If you have a lot of money you could buy a Skelly motorcycle helmet, rip out its guts and put it on your buy'ce.  If not, perhaps you could mount a backup camera to the inside ridge of a pilot helmet to the RCA port on those glasses, and integrate a mic to hear the outside sounds.  If you split the input signals you could even have a second cam pointing backward so no one could sneak up on you!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!