Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hardwired moving rangefinder

• 8 Replies
Hardwired moving rangefinder
« on: Oct 15, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Hey everyone I have recently started a legacy kit and i wanted to add a moving rangefinder that i could control from a gaunt.  Being that I cannot program anything and have no knowledge of advanced circuits and servos and things i think I have figured out a mechanical  system to move my RF.  I don't know how to draw an official schematic but here is what I have come up with.  Sorry it's a google docs because i can't get stupid photobucket to work and I don't remember how I added pictures last time.
https://drive.google.com/a/orange.k12.nc.us/file/d/0B6UKHCFEfjzmRHV3SlVmbzZfeXc/view?usp=sharing
Please excuse my crappy paint drawing :laugh:Anyway, the boxy looking thing in the middle is a relay.  Switch 2 gives power to the motor and switch one reverses the direction that the motor will spin.  So in theory i just have to hook up a cheap motor to the RF and stick it in my bucket. i would only have to run 4 wires down to my gaunt and I could just bundle them together and slid them down my sleeve.  For those that don't know how a relay works the right diagram is a basic explanation.  When power is applied to the 2 terminals on the left it makes an electro magnet that switches the contacts.  Let me know what ya'll think. :P ;)

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2015, 09:46 PM by rocket119 » Logged

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Hardwired moving rangefinder
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2015, 12:47 PM »
You'll need to set it to 'anyone with the link can view'

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Sorry about that  :laugh:  should be fixed ;)

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2015, 04:09 PM »
bump

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Check out this tutorial over on TDH vod.  It's really detailed with all the parts and steps to make a remote controlled RF servo.  I bought all the parts I needed for mine on Ebay for about $40.  With just some basic soldering skills, this shouldn't be too hard.  :)

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2015, 05:45 PM »
ok thanks :D

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2015, 08:38 AM »
Apologies vod, I meant to post the link!!  Sorry about that!  :P

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/rs-zip-zap-mini-rc-rf-servo-tutorial-25704/

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2015, 10:01 AM »
awesome, thanks :D  that looks a lot easier :laugh:

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2015, 10:07 AM »
Nice to see this again ... I did the ZipZap mod back in 07-08 ...  ;)
 But the Tut got lost in the Many updates since then .. It does Work Well  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!