Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack planning/WIP

• 3 Replies

Bfahome

• I'm sure it will all work out in the end!
Jetpack planning/WIP
« on: Oct 15, 2015, 06:26 PM »
I very recently acquired some PVC pipe segments today and decided to mock up a jetpack.

Originally I wanted to have a small jump pack on a melee-based kit, but I might just work with these for the time being to at least have something.

For the nozzles I plan on using the giant orange muzzle piece from the "Automatic Tommy 20" foam dart blaster (non-Nerf brand) as seen below.  I have one and a friend of mine has another that he said I could have.

Jewbacca

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Jetpack planning/WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2015, 04:49 PM »
size looks okay, nozzles may have to be filled in some area's looks a little too "toy-ish" for my liking but overall good base,

are you going to make a frame for the pvc tubesfor the jetpack?

my first jetpack i made from scratch (PVC and Sintra) failed horribly, so i wish you luck sir!

looking forward to seeing more progress shots

Bfahome

• I'm sure it will all work out in the end!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2015, 04:55 PM »
I don't have any set-in-stone plans for this yet, I just happened to get some scrap pipe segments from work and thought I'd try to use them as the base for a jetpack.  I'd definitely sculpt the shape more, to make it look less like some pipes taped together (this is only a mock-up) and more like a cohesive pack.  There will definitely be a more solid structure to it than duct tape. :P  And yeah, the nozzles will be getting some filling and modifying if I use them.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Just Don't make it Real Heavy or you won't Want to Troop it for Very long ..  ;)

I've made a Few of these from Scratch over the Years and they Haven't been too bad.
Let me know if you have any Questions & Feel free to PM me anytime .... ;D

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!