Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Force Awakens official planning thread

• 30 Replies

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
The Force Awakens official planning thread
« on: Oct 21, 2015, 02:56 PM »
So between GnarGnar and I we got a block of 10 seats together for the VIP theater at Silver City Coquitlam, 10:20 viewing.  The thought is that we will kit up and greet the people in line for the 7:00 first showing, hang out a bit, then kit down, grab dinner at Big River or whatever that place across the street is called, and come back to watch the second showing.  The local 501st Garrison is doing the same but for the 10:35 showing so we will likely have dinner and chill together.

There are a few seats left in the block we bought so if you want in, ping one of us.  Cost is $20/seat since we are in the VIP theater and it is 19+ since they serve booze l.  At your seat.   In the movie theater.  Your nice oversized leather seat.  You know you want to

So reply here if you want a seat, want to hang out beforehand, and/or want to join us for dinner.

Roster/Status as of 24 November

• Alaina/GardenGeek - Merc - Committed
  • Alan/VancouverTrooper - 501st - Committed
  • Corey/Bassplaya - Merc - Committed
  • Darlene/Darth_Dar - 501st - Paid
  • Deborah - Alan's +1 - Committed
  • Dennis/ZopharPtay - Merc - Paid
  • Doug/DougieFresh - 501st - Paid
  • Eileen - Dennis' +1 - Paid
  • Gilles/Gandrel - 501st - Committed
  • Jamie/PaleRider - 501st - Committed
  • Jamie's +1 - Committed
  • Jason Lee - Rob's +1 - Committed
  • Jay/CoasterTK - 501st - Paid
  • Jeff/Tylek Ren - Merc - Committed
  • Kari - Patrick's +1 - Committed
  • Karl/Gloves - 501st - Paid
  • Laura/Verryn - 501st -  Paid
  • Mandy/Belugagaga - Merc - Committed
  • Matt/Dash Gnar - Merc - Committed
  • Patrick/ParadoxDJ - Double Agent - Committed
  • Rheanna / littlemissheartshine - 501st - Paid
  • Rob/Aphinity - 501st - Paid
  • Steve/STVD201 - 501st - Paid
  • Terry/PandaTrooper - 501st - Committed
  • Terry K - Rob's +1 - Paid
  • Trevor/T90- 501st - Paid
  • Yves/JediYves - 501st - Committed

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2015, 08:55 PM by Zophar Ptay » Logged
Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
Re: The Force Awakens official planning thread
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2015, 04:59 PM »
woot woot! Less than 2 months to go!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2015, 06:09 PM »
Given the nature of the event, I couldn't stop aNY recruits who wanted to come out in unapproved kits even if I wanted to so don't be shy!

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2015, 12:52 AM »
Indeed! We already have at least one unapproved kit there. The more the merrier!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2015, 12:55 AM »
I am working on organizing a meal and hangout during our downtime between trooping the line-up for the 7:00 showing and our showing at 10:20.  My plan is to make reservations across the street to the Big River Restaurant.   I am currently talking to them about hosting a large party for us and getting details arranged.   If we have as many people as I suspect, what we'll be doing would be a fixed-price menu and i would need a fairly solid headcount. 

It would be $25 [plus taxes and tip? waiting on clarification] per person for:
  Choose one: Green salad, caesar salad, soup of the day
  Choose one: Half rack of ribs, chicken sirfry [or vegetarian], or cedar grilled salmon [with sides as applicable]
  Choose one: Cheese cake, apple pie, or brownie bites
  Choose one: Coffee or tea

I am unclear if the price includes a soft drink or not and waiting to hear back on that.  Booze is served but will be cash bar, I'm not doing drink tickets or anything like that since not everyone drinks or would want to pay extra for the drinks.

As of right now I am looking only for serious interest, but not commitment.   If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please drop a post here so I can get a rough headcount to negotiate with and I can hammer down an exact price.   Once I get a solid price I'll be asking for commitments and all food will have to be ordered ahead of time so i'll organize a way to do that as well.

Late Crusader WIP

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2015, 11:37 AM »
im in, menu seems reasonable...

as long as there's a non-seafood option I'm good.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2015, 12:41 PM »
Also please note any additional people.  Trying to get a reasonable seat count.   Still waiting g to hear back about the mi imum spend and hoe much they might need up front but we are set for the $25 menu, drinks are on the individual and only coffee or tea are provided.  Going to try to see if they will throw in a pop, but who knows.  We are going to be in the main restaurant, not the banquet room so there will be no room charge either.

Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Between the Garrison and the Mercs we have 18 who expressed interest.   Terry is also extending the invitation to the Rebel Legion for me since he is their CO and there are 4 of them rostered to troop the opening as well so we can hopefully expect at least a couple of them to come out to eat.  So with that in mind,  am going to pull the trigger on this before someone else books the restaurant for a company Christmas party or something.

I have to lay out the money for the meals so it will have to be $25 paid in advance to me, drinks and tip paid on the night, so I will start an official attendee list in the original post of this thread.  We are 2 seats short of the minimum right now for the group meal so if anyone has a friend, feel free to invite them.

Late Crusader WIP

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2015, 04:19 PM »
Just making sure that I'm in the RSVP list. Also works been stopping me from getting along of progress but I'll definitely have something showable by then

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Outstanding.   Wasn't counting you but I will now.  You or both of you for dinner? +1s are welcome.   Also, check your phone ;)

Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2015, 08:09 PM »
OK.  I  booked the table today.  Here are the official details.   I reserved the minimum of 20 people, but we can add more between now and then.  I need hard commitments now, and money in advance when it is convenient, some time before the end of November. I'll collect food orders closer to the date, but the menu is set and is as follows:

Pick one app: 
  • Green salad
  • caesar salad
  • soup of the day

Pick one entree:
  • Half rack of ribs
  • chicken sirfry (or vegetarian)
  • cedar grilled salmon

Pick one dessert:
  • Cheese cake
  • apple pie
  • brownie bites

NOTE:   No drinks at all are included except a coffee or tea.  They will be up to the individual to pay on the night whether it is pop or from the bar

The final total price that I need from each person is $30.  This is the $25 for the meal, plus tip and all taxes.    This means if you are content with water or can convince someone else to buy your drinks, there will be no out of pocket expenses on the night.

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2015, 03:17 PM »
Thanks Zoph,

I'm a firm yes for dinner,

Food:
-Ceasar
-ribs
-brownie

I'll get you the money next time I see you,

I'll also talk to Mandy and my friend and see what they think, most likely they'll be in too.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2015, 03:23 PM »
Updated the first post with a roster and status for the dinner.  Please ping me if I forgot someone or miss an update

Late Crusader WIP

belugagaga

• Mostly Feline
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2015, 10:55 PM »
I'm in for dinner,

Soup/veggie bowl/apple pie please.

I can pay Matt and he can pay you or we can all meet up.

Thanks for organizing this,
Zel'niffum (Mandy)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!