Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Finished Jetpack

• 12 Replies
Finished Jetpack
« on: Oct 24, 2015, 03:23 AM »
Here's a picture of the jetpack I put together for my Halloween costume.  It very light weight and bolts to my back plate.  The backplate in turn bolts on to my vest's shoulders.  The backplate also attaches to the back of my vest with a lot of velcro.  No harness is required and it's VERY secure and comfortable.

Below is a series of pics showing the build process.

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2015, 01:28 PM by HotMachete » Logged

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Finished Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2015, 08:57 AM »
pics broken

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2015, 09:38 AM »
Wow!  Very nicely done!!  What did you use for the materials?  Did you use the WOF templates?

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2015, 10:41 AM »
Wow!  Very nicely done!!  What did you use for the materials?  Did you use the WOF templates?

I used the WOF template, though I simplified the orange and metallic silver panels, since I wasn't going for 100% film accurate.  For materials I used sintra, some PVC pipe, and two 2.5" cardboard tube mailers for the main body.  The thruster nozzles are 2" wooden craft balls from Joanna Fabric and the plastic upper half of two sparkling mineral water bottles.  The missile portion of the pack is made from more PVC pipe, card stock, and portions of a variety of different small plastic bottles that I had laying around.  I then filled in the most obvious imperfect spots with bondo.  The reverse side of the pack has four threaded bolt holes for attaching to my back plate.  I still need to do a black wash on it, but I'm waiting to do that until I'm ready with the rest of the suit, which will probably be on Wednesday this week.  (Cutting it pretty close for Halloween.)

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2015, 10:57 AM »
Wow that's impressive.

I love the progress pics too, seeing it go from some parts of plastic to the finished product is amazing.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2015, 08:55 PM »
WOW!

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2015, 03:20 PM »
Wow dude, Really liking that jetpack! but my Question is how did you put it on youre back. I cant find any good tutorials on maken a nice hanging system :)

Keep up the good work :) plz pm me if you can :)

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Hik'aari

• Nickaari
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Wow dude, Really liking that jetpack! but my Question is how did you put it on youre back. I cant find any good tutorials on maken a nice hanging system :)

Keep up the good work :) plz pm me if you can :)

He wrote it in his original post :)

Here's a picture of the jetpack I put together for my Halloween costume.  It very light weight and bolts to my back plate.  The backplate in turn bolts on to my vest's shoulders.  The backplate also attaches to the back of my vest with a lot of velcro.  No harness is required and it's VERY secure and comfortable.

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2015, 04:12 PM »
Nice work!  :)

Loving the use of bottle tops and odds-and-ends to solve all those difficult things like the missile tip, etc (I love that sort of stuff!)

Looking forward to seeing it all finished and how you have indeed solved those mounting issues.

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2015, 09:42 PM »
Nicely done.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2015, 12:45 PM »
This is amazing! Great work!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2016, 01:38 PM »

My jetpack weighs less than 5 pounds, so I decided to go without a harness.  The jetpack is bolted directly to my armor back plate, and the back plate is bolted to my vest at the shoulders.  The back plate is also attached to the vest with a lot of velcro, but almost all the load from the weight of the jetpack goes through the shoulders.  (One of the bolts at the shoulders also serves as an attachment point for my cape.)

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:46 PM »
Yep I miss my Jetpack. Time to build a new one. This is a great build!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!