Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early Crusader, Updated photos begin on page 3 - 7/31/17

• 46 Replies

Naran Baatar

• Formerly 'Ghosthammer54'
  • "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons
Re: Early Crusader, Updated photos begin on page 3 - 7/31/17
« Reply #45 on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:40 AM »
My suggest is always look to natural examples for inspiration. So look at things like actual bone- which has countless little spots on it where muscle connected to, or things like crab shell or even stuff like pressed leaves.

Now in your case you have a single creature picked out already so just look at its hide as it has lots of good reference points for how you can texture things with this kit.

The long and the short of it is that you want the level of texture to look reasonable and natural. So given than you have the three horns on the bucket, you could for example have more texture in the areas surrounding the horn, than say the areas that are farther away. Like I said above it it reasonable and natural looking and you should be fine. :)

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Early Crusader, Updated photos begin on page 3 - 7/31/17
« Reply #46 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:18 PM »
Groovy! I'll start playing around and see what I come up with.  Thank you for the advice!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!