Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

all Jedi are soft.

• 7 Replies

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
all Jedi are soft.
« on: Oct 30, 2015, 04:11 PM »
so with the new movie coming up i was looking on some theater sits to see witch one i want to go to. All of the ones near me wont allow costumes with weapons/ faces being covered. I'm insulted that they don't respect the Mando cultural. (i know its just to make law enforcement job easier and to keep us safe) So I've decided to go under cover as a jedi. now who better for advice on building a good Jedi(specifically kenobi kit because I've been told i look like him) than mandos who fight them. any purchasing/templates for fabric/places to get the boots would be great. thanks for your time Vods

PS other kit suggestions are welcome.

« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2015, 04:53 PM by gaataylir vorpan » Logged
ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Kebii'laar

• Aliit o'r nare, ne tal'din.
Re: all Jedi are soft.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2015, 06:12 PM »
You'll want to look at the Rebel Legion CRLs for a guide on making a Jedi.  They have both generic jedi and Obi Wan costume requirements, if memory serves, and they should be able to get you going in the direction you want to go.

B.E.A.R.D.S. #103, QMU #026

Gar taab besuum, ni ven'ijaati gar'gai o'r an ner'nare.  Gar ru'ba'juri gar'ade jate.
Gar'gai ven'cuyi o'r ner'nare, draar digur'la.  Ni ven'ba'juri ner'ade jate.
Ni taab besuum, gar ven'ijaati ni'gai o'r an gar'nare.  Ni ru'ba'juri ner'ade jate.

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2015, 04:02 PM »
You might also try the "Non-Mandalorian and unofficial costumes" board, but there are several groups who do Jedi or Jedi-like costumes including the Rebel Legion (as mentioned above), Saber Guild, Jedi Assembly, Dark Empire and Dark Alliance.

A lot of theaters have a "no masks/helmets, no guns" policy making it tough to troop in a Mando costume.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2015, 05:41 PM »
You might also try the "Non-Mandalorian and unofficial costumes" board, but there are several groups who do Jedi or Jedi-like costumes including the Rebel Legion (as mentioned above), Saber Guild, Jedi Assembly, Dark Empire and Dark Alliance.

A lot of theaters have a "no masks/helmets, no guns" policy making it tough to troop in a Mando costume.
thanks. yes sadly its not doable, but from a security stand point i understand why.

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Kebii'laar

• Aliit o'r nare, ne tal'din.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2015, 11:58 PM »
thanks. yes sadly its not doable, but from a security stand point i understand why.

On the contrary, it is quite plausible to dress up as a Mando without a helmet.  We'd be missing the distinctive T-visor, but I think our chest plates are iconic enough for everyone to still recognize  8)

B.E.A.R.D.S. #103, QMU #026

Gar taab besuum, ni ven'ijaati gar'gai o'r an ner'nare.  Gar ru'ba'juri gar'ade jate.
Gar'gai ven'cuyi o'r ner'nare, draar digur'la.  Ni ven'ba'juri ner'ade jate.
Ni taab besuum, gar ven'ijaati ni'gai o'r an gar'nare.  Ni ru'ba'juri ner'ade jate.

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2015, 07:54 AM »
On the contrary, it is quite plausible to dress up as a Mando without a helmet.  We'd be missing the distinctive T-visor, but I think our chest plates are iconic enough for everyone to still recognize  8)
yah but then your gust a merc with fancy armor.

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Aur'on Gur

• Awards Special Weapons 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2015, 08:07 AM »
I doubt you would want to wear a full Mando kit while watching the movie anyway vod. Why ruin an expierence decades in the making by obscuring your vision and being as uncomfortable as possible? As far as Jedi go, easily one of the most simple and recognizable costumes out there. Tabards, tunic, obi, belt and lightsaber.

M.M.C.C.      #1127
Gunslinger    #1
Official Troops XVIII
 Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid...'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:57 PM »
I doubt you would want to wear a full Mando kit while watching the movie anyway vod. Why ruin an expierence decades in the making by obscuring your vision and being as uncomfortable as possible? As far as Jedi go, easily one of the most simple and recognizable costumes out there. Tabards, tunic, obi, belt and lightsaber.
haha my kit is pretty comfortable and i would take of the bucket for the movie out of consideration for others

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!