Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My soft parts WIP

• 23 Replies

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
My soft parts WIP
« on: Nov 03, 2015, 03:38 PM »
In between painting my blaster I started my gloves.
I won't know if the gloves will need longer gauntlets on them until I get my jumpsuit. I'm sure they will need them so that they won't pull out from under the gauntlets. I will looking for the army patches that are on the pre pro Boba Fett gloves to put on these as well, sad thing is, I had tons of them that I collected over the years and sold all of them in my midlife crisis deal.

The glove base is a pair of white goat skin leather gloves that I got from NAPA and I hand sewn finger tip covers on them with material similar to a flannel shirt.

I got around 11 hours +- of hand sewing these finger tip things on, they aren't perfect, but they will be serviceable.

I already redid the grey on the back hand and painted it white to get rid of the logo, it looks much better.

My flight suit and flak vest will be here tomorrow from Man of War Studios off eBay.
Lynn

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2015, 08:31 PM by Lynn TXP 0369 » Logged
Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Lynn TXP 0369

Re: My soft parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2015, 08:20 PM »
I got my Man of War Studios flight suit and vest from eBay today and they are amazing!!

The flight suit is two piece, comes with the side belt pouches, and boot spats. The vest is great and comes with a neck seal. The best thing is they are made in the same style fabric that the real Fett suits were made from for those real who want real accuracy for their Fett suits.

I'll have my wife iron it off and I'll post some pics of it over the weekend.

Lynn

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2015, 09:29 PM by Lynn TXP 0369 » Logged
Helmet done.

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2015, 04:02 PM »
Here is my MOW flight suit and vest. It is a thing of beauty. It is a two piece suit with separate boot spats and two ROTJ style pouches. The vest is a one fits all with two side openings.

Jeez! I didn't realize how big I gotten until I put this suit on and my wife took these pics!!

My character needs to eat a few less pizzas and junk food before going on missions. :laugh:

Lynn

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2015, 04:52 PM by Lynn TXP 0369 » Logged
Helmet done.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Looks great! Now let's see some plates on top ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2015, 09:58 PM »
Thanks!!
I just got my shin tools done tonight. Does that count?  :laugh: I didn't get them done in time for the pics, or they would have been in the pics.

My armor is in production and should be here in the next few weeks.\

] I'm hoping to get it before Thanksgiving so I have time to get it ready for the SW premiers.
Lynn

Helmet done.

The Doctor

• Some one call a Medic?
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2015, 11:57 AM »
Here is my MOW flight suit and vest. It is a thing of beauty. It is a two piece suit with separate boot spats and two ROTJ style pouches. The vest is a one fits all with two side openings.

Jeez! I didn't realize how big I gotten until I put this suit on and my wife took these pics!!

My character needs to eat a few less pizzas and junk food before going on missions. :laugh:

Lynn

Dude I love that blaster! That's the feel I was initially going for with mine when I first started.

As for feeling like you look a little big in the flight suit. I got a compression shirt for mine. It's a pain to get into but it works well and should help everything lay a little more "naturally" while I'm in the process of actually losing weight  ;D

Do no harm. Do know harm.

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Dude I love that blaster! That's the feel I was initially going for with mine when I first started.

As for feeling like you look a little big in the flight suit. I got a compression shirt for mine. It's a pain to get into but it works well and should help everything lay a little more "naturally" while I'm in the process of actually losing weight  ;D

Thanks!
I never thought about a compression shirt, I've seen belly flattening ones at Walmart before in the "As see on TV" section before a long time ago. I don't know if they are still there or not.
I just need to loose 15 pounds or so and I'll be fine.

Lynn

Helmet done.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2015, 09:07 PM »
Wow, that looks really nice Lynn! I gotta admit that I'm a little jealous. I've got most of what you have, save the bucket. Going for arctic warfare?

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

The Doctor

• Some one call a Medic?
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2015, 12:20 AM »
Thanks!
I never thought about a compression shirt, I've seen belly flattening ones at Walmart before in the "As see on TV" section before a long time ago. I don't know if they are still there or not.
I just need to loose 15 pounds or so and I'll be fine.

Lynn

I hate to admit it but mine are spanx  :laugh: They have specific compression shirts for men

Do no harm. Do know harm.

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2015, 06:20 AM »
Wow, that looks really nice Lynn! I gotta admit that I'm a little jealous. I've got most of what you have, save the bucket. Going for arctic warfare?

Thanks!
Nope, a dirty styled super trooper custom.

The only color I will have is the color on the bucket, shoulder & chest decals, and the rest will be a worn dirty white with damage painted like the bucket.

Every thing won't be snow white, but it won't be black and nasty either. It will be middle of the road. The two things that bug me about suit and armor weathering are when I see things not dirty enough or when they go over board on it.

Lynn

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2015, 06:30 AM by Lynn TXP 0369 » Logged
Helmet done.

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2015, 08:36 AM »
I got some soft parts updates.

Boots and pouches are MOW parts.
The wookie braids are from eBay.
The ammo belt is home made from vinyl and wooden blocks I shaped to be close to ammo looking pouches. It is not perfact, but it looks good.
Lynn

Helmet done.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2015, 08:38 AM »
Looks nice ner'vod. 8)

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2015, 12:43 PM »
looking good Lynn! i like that color comob ALOT! you said you got your pouches from "MOW" ?

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2015, 12:47 PM »
Man o' War - canon Boba parts. Expensive, but VERY high quality. ;D  In this case, it's the hanging pouches/pockets that are MOW - Lynn made the ammo pouches himself.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Ihala

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2015, 12:54 PM »
Pretty!  The ammo pouches look great, this is going to be so cool.

Elek, ke gana ash...
"Yes, have some..."

MMCC #1112
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Man o' War - canon Boba parts. Expensive, but VERY high quality. ;D  In this case, it's the hanging pouches/pockets that are MOW - Lynn made the ammo pouches himself.

Oh ok ya i was referring to the leather pouches, those are nice! great work Lynn

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #16 on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:01 PM »
That is correct! The belt didn't come out as nice as I wanted it to however. I tried to double over the material and glue it together with industrial auto grade contact adhesive that I used to install our vinyl top on our '65 Mustang thinking  it would do the job, and I was wrong.  I had to use duct tape to hold it together and use shoo goo to make it stick together. The grommets held the ends together.
I originally also made 10 ammo pouches but 7 seems to work out well without being too much, I'll know more when I get it on with more parts.
It will work though.
Lynn

Helmet done.

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Oh ok ya i was referring to the leather pouches, those are nice! great work Lynn

Thanks!! They didn't come out as nice as I wanted, but they will be OK.
Lynn

Helmet done.
« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2015, 08:15 PM »
ya i need to find me some of those... maybe i can recruit you  ;D j/k

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #19 on: Dec 13, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Girth belt is done now that I got some 1" nylon webbing.

Lynn

Helmet done.

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #20 on: Dec 13, 2015, 09:18 PM »
I love the work. Very nice. I want you to keep in mind that while doing an "ST custom" to indeed, make it a custom. The cod is obviously from a boba set, which is OK if those pieces are used sparingly, but the damage to the dent paint is ROTJ in different colors. If the suit has all of the same damage as a ROTJ or ESB boba, or the plates can be identified as such, it will likely cause a problem at App time. Remember, these characters are supposed to be individuals, not reorganized or reimagined canon characters. The main reason for this is that it makes the custom character you have created look like an inaccurate canon character- which of course is not approvable. Drawing inspiration from a canon is OK, but you don't want to look like an inaccurate canon build. The dents in bobas armor (whether it be ROTJ, ESB, or a PP) jump out plain as day. When coupled with the same paint distress in different colors, it doesn't go over well. The work is top notch and looks great. I'm going to discuss this with the App team.

If you want to do a "custom boba" I recommend looking into the Mandalorian Protector brigade.

« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015, 09:31 PM by Dha Bral » Logged
It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #21 on: Dec 13, 2015, 10:13 PM »
I Have the same flight suit .. they are Great ..  ;)

I look forward to Seeing How this Turns out ..  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #22 on: Dec 14, 2015, 06:29 AM »
I love the work. Very nice. I want you to keep in mind that while doing an "ST custom" to indeed, make it a custom. The cod is obviously from a boba set, which is OK if those pieces are used sparingly, but the damage to the dent paint is ROTJ in different colors. If the suit has all of the same damage as a ROTJ or ESB boba, or the plates can be identified as such, it will likely cause a problem at App time. Remember, these characters are supposed to be individuals, not reorganized or reimagined canon characters. The main reason for this is that it makes the custom character you have created look like an inaccurate canon character- which of course is not approvable. Drawing inspiration from a canon is OK, but you don't want to look like an inaccurate canon build. The dents in bobas armor (whether it be ROTJ, ESB, or a PP) jump out plain as day. When coupled with the same paint distress in different colors, it doesn't go over well. The work is top notch and looks great. I'm going to discuss this with the App team.

If you want to do a "custom boba" I recommend looking into the Mandalorian Protector brigade.

Under stood on that 100%
I agree on your statements. 
I went with Boba armor as armor is expensive and I want to be able to go to a full fledged Boba at some later date. I'm not willing to fill the dents to go a full custom and not be able to go back to a full Boba, We just simply cannot afford to get two sets of armor for me to costume, thus the decision to go this route is more finical and not a nose thumbing to the MM rules.

I want to be able to troop in this gear for a bit and get a feel for things again as I've been out of it for 16 years, and then I may go to a full Boba Fett.

As for any dents, I have over done the weathering around them to make them bigger then what it is.
I will be looking into the Mandalorian protectors.
Lynn

« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2015, 05:10 PM by Lynn TXP 0369 » Logged
Helmet done.

Lynn TXP 0369

« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2015, 08:31 PM »

I didn't even know this Brigade option even existed.

I'm taking your advice and wisdom and doing a total redo instead of doing a dirty super trooper..

Thanks,
Lynn

Helmet done.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!