Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Star wars ep. VII movie premier

• 7 Replies

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
Star wars ep. VII movie premier
« on: Oct 19, 2015, 04:18 PM »
So I was wondering what everyone's plans for the movie premier were. I want to see this one as soon as I can and thought it might be fun to get a group together( much easier to wait hours when you know ppl). I'm pretty sure the theatre costuming rules are still being polished so as of now I'll be in street wear,  let me know who's interested

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Star wars ep. VII movie premier
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2015, 04:21 PM »
There is a group of the local 501st who are going to be online today at 5:30 when tickets go live to buy VIP seats at the Coquitlam VIP theater for the second showing.  I'm going to try to get in with them.  GnarGnar mentioned interest in that showing as well.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2015, 04:21 PM »
I'm sure Zoph will  have more info on this, but we are not allowed to work with theaters to promote the movie, nor are the theaters allowed to give us special treatment, however we are allowed to troop there unofficially so long as the theater does not use us as advertisement.

Talk to Zoph, we may be coordinating to buy tickets tonight.

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2015, 04:24 PM »
Haha, Zoph beat me to it!

I'm going to see if I can get a block as well, We'll see how class goes, I'm going to try and skip out as soon as I can.

Zoph, do you think we can pre-order in person physically at the theater? might be an easy way to avoid the inevitable crash of the website.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2015, 04:25 PM »
honestly, no clue.  might be worth a try.... I do know you can normally buy advance tickets in person... that might be a great idea, actually..

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:16 PM »
Rumor has it that it's only online... that's how it's been in europe.

Are they any sites other than cineplex to buy tickets?

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:18 PM »
as far as I know, no.   only the cineplex site to buy tickets for the cineplex theater.   shame no walk-ins.  that was a good idea.

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2015, 11:49 PM »
Just a thought... With blasters becoming a banned item at many theaters, we should maybe look into to staff's or vibro axes... We could get together and nail out a bunch in a day for the showing. Shouldn't be more than $15-$20 per staff. All of us carrying the same weapon could help with our unified look too.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!