Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A'den's Softparts W.I.P Pic Heavy!

• 49 Replies

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: A'den's Softparts W.I.P
« Reply #30 on: Dec 07, 2015, 10:41 PM »
if you have room you could try putting a felt patch in your holster where it rubs.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2015, 10:54 AM »
You could always stretch the leather a bit too.  Soak it in some boiling water for a few, then put something larger than the gun barrel down in it, and let it dry.  That should help give you more room for the flash suppressor.  I think part of the problem is that Rubie's blasters have a tendancy to have non-cannon dimensions. I know for a fact it's extremely bad on the Westar-34's. 

Aden Banto

• Out of my entire arsenal, fear is my best weapon.
« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2015, 12:49 PM »
I'll give both techniques a try. Thanks!

Aden Banto

« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Here's a pic Sidi sent me:

The vest!

Really excited to get this soon!  :o  8)

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Kandosii ner'vod!

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Aden Banto

« Reply #35 on: Dec 08, 2015, 09:03 PM »

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Dec 10, 2015, 12:29 PM »
I have one of sidi's vest and I can tell you, definitely top notch quality!

For your cape, I feel like it should have some jagged edges along the bottom. It's got some good damage and weathering in the middle but I feel like maybe it should be like that on the edges too.  Just my opinion :)

Not sure if you've come up with a solution for your holster yet but have you thought of lining it with a softer material? I'm sure cotton or something soft but sturdy could help with avoiding scratches on your blaster.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Aden Banto

« Reply #37 on: Dec 10, 2015, 12:49 PM »
Good to know! I also bought a girth belt off of Sidi and it's also top quality work.

For the cape I'll see what I can do for the weathering at the bottom. I agree it can be ripped up at the bottom a bit.

Aden Banto

« Reply #38 on: Dec 25, 2015, 12:08 AM »
Here's some pics!:

Let me know what you think!  ;D

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: A'den's Softparts W.I.P Pic Heavy!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 28, 2015, 02:30 PM »
Looks fantastic vod!  Nice job!  :)

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #40 on: Dec 28, 2015, 02:34 PM »
I like it vod! I'll have to go find you armor WIP now. :)

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Aden Banto

« Reply #41 on: Dec 28, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Thanks vod!  8) Your comments are greatly appreciated! I'm moving over to my helmet build log, that's floating around the helmet section!  ;D

DocNightshade

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din...
« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2015, 05:24 AM »
Best thing I've found for conditioning leather holster interiors is paraffin wax.
1. Take a small piece and rub the inside of the holster real well until it has a nice smooth feel.
2. Use a hair dryer (heat guns get too hot) set on high and blow across the wax in the holster for a minute or two.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until satisfied.
Not only does the wax help smooth the inside, but the heat and rubbing help to stretch and shape the leather a bit.

I'm just your average everyday freak-at-heart trying to adjust to modern suburbia and family life without eating the children or going on a killing spree down at the local shopping center. Again.

Nishi Ja'tejag

• Kal bat te woor!
« Reply #43 on: Jan 06, 2016, 10:06 PM »
If those are your official pants, it looks like they could use some hemming. Especially if you're going to tuck into boots, but even if not. You don't need a trip hazard when you've got limited bucket vision.

Nishi Ja'tejag

Riye cuyir te tauira be a ori'jate jag.  Ni shi jate jag.  Pirusti, Ni cuy' an staabi!

Armour Planning WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=78236.0

Soft Parts WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=77697.0

WIP Photo Gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronsneary/albums/72157717142691673

Backstory: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=196736.0

Aden Banto

« Reply #44 on: Jan 06, 2016, 10:27 PM »
If those are your official pants, it looks like they could use some hemming. Especially if you're going to tuck into boots, but even if not. You don't need a trip hazard when you've got limited bucket vision.

Very true, vod. Thank you for pointing that out.  ;D

Best thing I've found for conditioning leather holster interiors is paraffin wax.
1. Take a small piece and rub the inside of the holster real well until it has a nice smooth feel.
2. Use a hair dryer (heat guns get too hot) set on high and blow across the wax in the holster for a minute or two.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until satisfied.
Not only does the wax help smooth the inside, but the heat and rubbing help to stretch and shape the leather a bit.

I've never heard of this method before vod. I'll for sure give it a shot! Thanks!   ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!