Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP - Sycoe Soft Parts

• 4 Replies

PropMaster256

• Vode An
Re: WIP - Sycoe Soft Parts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2015, 12:43 AM »
Just a small heads-up, noticed you mentioned that you were going to convert a shirt into your vest. I couldn't tell what type of material your shirt was made from from the picture, but the t-shirt material is no longer allowed for vests. If your shirt that you are converting is some thicker, canvas-type material, you'll probably be all right.

PropMaster256

• Vode An
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2015, 12:09 AM »
I checked the CRL and the Costume Requirements, all they say are no t-shirt vests. I assume that since scrub tops are of sturdier material, you'll be able to use it once converted.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2015, 01:04 PM »
Scrubs are usually used as the flightsuit, not the vest. You'd be surprised at how much the plates will weigh down your vest - you really do need a sturdy material in order to keep everything aligned properly. I don't think that a scrub top alone will be sturdy enough. Usually a thick, heavyweight material like duckcloth or leather is needed.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!