Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

MCarger81's W.I.P.

• 64 Replies
Re: My W.I.P. Now available to show...please help!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2015, 12:04 PM »
Thanks Kris & Kiffren for your pics, that helps alot!  and yes i've actually trimmed down my plates all by 1/4" i will be trying it on today and resending a pic for verification. Thanks all for your help!

« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2015, 03:04 PM »
Alright here's an update of my templates which I  trimmed roughly 1/4" all around and also the collar, it feels and looks much more like the orig. Boba/ Jango. After studying pictures long enough, one gets either blurred vision or his eyes become open lol let me know if this is passable

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2015, 07:46 PM »
Sizing looks SO much better!  You're on your way, vod.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Sizing looks much better! I don't know what's going on with your collar plate though. I assume that bump is due to the material under it? But it looks kind of like it's wider in the middle so I'm hoping that's just the picture angle. You might even be able to move your collar (and all your plates) up a hair more but I think you're getting pretty close to spot on.

Ya that bump unfortunatley is just from the paper/ tape but i assure it's not really like that  here's a pic with out it on me... I think this should show what it really will look like.

« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2015, 03:55 PM »
So i've got my template ready for the my backplate, but can someone tell me.... is this a two man job to heat up the material (Sintra) and mold it to my back? cause it sounds difficult to tackle by myself lol when all else fails... ask the wife ;D

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Loving the vest and the armor is looking really good!! The last sizing hit it's mark pretty good.
The back is a two person job to get it right. Just don't have the wife use the heat gun with you in it thinking it is a hair dryer though... :laugh: :o
Lynn

Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Aye, backplates are best with 2 people. I find bribery works well to get the second pair of hands.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #22 on: Nov 25, 2015, 12:26 AM »
thanks lynn... haha ya i'll treat her to a nice dinner and then ask after the fact  8)

« Reply #23 on: Nov 26, 2015, 04:41 PM »
I usually use 3 people plus the one who it's being formed to. I get the plastic all floppy (not just parts of it, the entire thing). The person getting it formed needs something to protect them from the hot plastic (usually a sweatshirt does the trick). One person holds the shoulders, one holds the sides (kidneys), and the third rubs over the entire back to get it shaped nicely. Usually we form backplates at armor parties when there are lots of people available to help.

It can be formed with one or two people but it works better if you have more.

Very informative Kiffren, thank you for sharing and I'll try to get more helping hands as well.

« Reply #24 on: Oct 28, 2016, 02:04 PM »
It's been too long since I've uploaded any new pics let alone worked on my wip, but i've finally got the space and resources now. As you can see the armor is a real "W.I.P"  :o  more to come!

Re: My W.I.P. Now available to show..constant updates
« Reply #25 on: Oct 31, 2016, 12:03 AM »
update, here are some of my armor pieces all cut out, sanded and now just to make sure they fit properly! *praying :rolleyes: I still have my back plate to cut out, which will be interesting to mold  :-[

« Reply #26 on: Nov 02, 2016, 08:55 PM »
Got my boot cuffs cut out and started to paint along with knee guards, still have to add blasters but that'll be near the end after all paint and weathering is complete

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #27 on: Nov 02, 2016, 09:18 PM »
Is the paint just crazy reflecting of the boot plates or are they... crumpled? I can't tell if it's just the light doing strange things.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Kris Jasra

« Reply #29 on: Nov 03, 2016, 06:57 AM »
They do look a little crumpled rather than dented - the sort of effect you get after being in a high speed crash - at which point I have to ask if you plan on similar damage on the rest of the plates as it's highly unlikely that only the boots came off that badly.
Again, unsure if it's good paint on sintra or if they're real metal - if they are metal a small ball pien hammer works best for putting in blaster dents, and a dull chisel can put in nice sharp cuts without going through the metal.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!