Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

it is time...

• 11 Replies
it is time...
« on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:06 PM »
posting what i have so far.

Ihala

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: it is time...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:28 PM »
That's looking great so far, I like your paint concept too

Elek, ke gana ash...
"Yes, have some..."

MMCC #1112
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:29 PM »
thnx! im concerned about the helmet visor portion. just recently learned of requirements the that regard.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Nice start, the shape of that helmet is beautiful. Make sure you get a pic before you paint so that we can double check size and spacing before you make them all shiny and painted. And crlwise you'll need at least 1/3rd of the downward section of the T-visor cut.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2015, 08:01 PM »
And crlwise you'll need at least 1/3rd of the downward section of the T-visor cut.

thats where i will need some guidance. i dont mind cutting the whole thing out if i can paint over the visor as that is part of the design concept. but honestly paint is the last thing anyway. i may change all of that. i have a few other scratch builds in the works.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2015, 08:30 PM »
I'd continue the negative space effect. Widen out those black lines between the bottom 'teeth' and have them be the visor area, so that the mythosaur is the painted part. You could perhaps enlarge the nose a little too without it throwing anything out. At this point sharpies and paper are your friend, trace a few more of those designs up then just try some mods, see what looks good and leaves more open visor space. You may hit on something awesome.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2015, 08:34 PM »
I'd continue the negative space effect. Widen out those black lines between the bottom 'teeth' and have them be the visor area, so that the mythosaur is the painted part. You could perhaps enlarge the nose a little too without it throwing anything out. At this point sharpies and paper are your friend, trace a few more of those designs up then just try some mods, see what looks good and leaves more open visor space. You may hit on something awesome.

im glad you feel that way... id rather that be the case.

i wonder if this is enough negative space... visor showing to be approved.

hoping an app team member can give me a lil feedback on this before i continue with this bucket.

« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2015, 10:55 PM by Zharatustra » Logged
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2015, 11:56 PM »
not sure if this will be seen without a new post instead of an edit.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2015, 04:59 AM »
It's all looking great so far Zhara.  I'm in the concept stages myself, with a similar theme.  From what I've seen on the boards and photo's I've drooled over, if you cut away your shaded areas, as well as the outer edge of the visor section by the "teeth", I think it would be approvable.  I have a very similar helmet concept and haven't heard anything from the App team.  Of course, it's always good to get them to chime in!  I'll be watching this thread closely.

Formerly known as TheRevan1te
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2015, 11:19 PM »
let me know if you hear from an ap team member plz.

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2015, 07:54 AM »
Looks like you're off to a good start.

Re: Helmet design.

I'm not on the app team, But have heard many an opinion on visor design. Basically if you look at the lone wolf customs executioner helmet (if you haven't already seen it, it has a scull face) That is the bare minimum of visor area allowed. It has the horizontal eyes, a nose, and 4-5 vertical cuts about 2-3mm wide along the bottom that come about 1/4-1/3 up the front of the helmet. so any skull designs you do need to meet that minimum amount.

Now your most recent design has an opening from nose to bottom of helmet, which I think looks good, But the app team might want something more substantial.

If you go to this forum
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?board=420.0

And submit pictures of your design you can have an app team member weigh in on it and tell you if that thin slit is enough for a modern helmet.

Hope you find this helpful oxox.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2015, 03:54 PM »
that was helpful advice. i cut out the T on that helmet and started the mythosaur design on a new helmet.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!