Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

This is my BOOMstick.

• 8 Replies

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards EnviroOps Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
This is my BOOMstick.
« on: Dec 04, 2015, 03:21 AM »
Hi all,

Just to post some pics of my blaster rifle/carbine. i always get too excited/focussed when I'm building so I don't have any WIP shots  :-X

Base is an airsoft sniperrifle ( LW96 I think ) with the bolt action removed ( well, the bolt part at least ), a sintra plate covering the front and magwell, a PVC tube as barrel and a paintjob. Some greeblies were added to break up the lines a bit more.

Rightside overview.
Text says:
HS
Kills

And Jaig eye at the front.
Good view of the central greeblie. It's a product of 3 pieces ( inkholder for tattooist, body of an electronic flickering candle and a plastic part of a babyfence )

Left side overview:
Jaig eye and a copy of the central greeblie.

Weathering was done using metallic airbrushpaint but sponged on, this gives me alot more control as to where and how much weathering is done. I kept a carefull eye on heavy usage areas ( grip, etc ) and edges. Forgot one of the central greeblies though -_-'.

comments?

Jewbacca

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: This is my BOOMstick.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2015, 04:30 PM »
Really Diggin that ! Looks quite Awesome.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2015, 07:07 PM »
I may have to steal that boxy bit from you

Failure is never an option. You call it version 1 instead and when all else fails blame Jar Jar

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Very Nice looking So Far ..  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards EnviroOps Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2015, 02:24 AM »
Thanks for the replies vode.

Boomstick is heavy though, comes in at around 3 Kg ( 6lbs ). Really need to get a sling for it, my arm hurt from a 1 day troop :')

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2015, 06:27 AM »
Looking good!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2015, 09:04 PM »
Boomstick is heavy though, comes in at around 3 Kg ( 6lbs ). Really need to get a sling for it, my arm hurt from a 1 day troop :')
Butch up, vod. :laugh:

Outstanding kit bash, vod.  I've wanted to chop an airsoft sniper into a carbine for some time, but have been too busy with not having the money to do it.  Nice to see someone else build something solid on this concept.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2015, 12:32 AM »
Very nice vod! I'm a firm believer in carbines. :)  If you're not finished with it, I would suggest adding a short scope scout style (over top of the barrel). I think it would enhance the look. Otherwise, rock solid sir.  8)

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2015, 01:54 AM »
Thanks Vode :)

A scope is still in the works, which is why I left the tactical rail ontop.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!