Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

CamBedore's WIP (PIC HEAVY)

• 36 Replies
CamBedore's WIP (PIC HEAVY)
« on: Dec 05, 2015, 07:44 PM »
Hey Everybody so since I'm so detached from the rest of you guys being way out here in Kelowna i thought I'd show you all what I've been working on lately! hopefully I can get enough of my kit together to get to wear an unofficial kit for the premier of TFA!

My Bucket! My pride and joy!

Had a little armour party for one today and got some armour pieces cut out of an old car hood I pulled out of the scrap metal bin at work. I'm going to grind them down and paint them up as soon as the weather clears up. I'm also expecting a wookie chieftain style pauldron for my second shoulder plate to arrive soon! Missing from the pictures is the cod piece.

Hopefully I can get these plates attached to my soft parts within the week. I still need a girth and ammo belt.

And Last but not least a second helmet that I finished for a present for my Dad for christmas! Purchased from Droodles and I have to say I absolutely have nothing but GREAT things to say about dealing with Drew. It was finished quickly and the quality was amazing! His customer service was incredible, he drove an hour and a half to Saskatoon to drop it off at my hotel while I was there for a weekend. I would definitely buy from him again! He used my order as a tutorial for how to insert the T Visor so it arrived with the visor inserted already.

Here it is all finished! The cody visor is fully functional.

Heres both buckets together

Can't wait to show off my updates on my kit as they come hopefully sooner rather than later!

Echo9

Re: CamBedore's WIP (PIC HEAVY)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2015, 02:32 AM »
wow! very cool!! :)

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2015, 03:27 AM »
Good to see you're keeping busy! 8)

There are now 2 Droodle's buckets up here in the Okanagan, and I must say yours looks snazzy. I love those Cody visors ;)

Keep it up! I'm super psyched to see that wookiee pauldron!!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2015, 06:30 AM »
Looks great!! I'm loving the texture you have on your helmet. It almost looks a little reptilian. Are you planning on carrying that look through the rest of the armour as well?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2015, 03:06 PM »
Looks great!! I'm loving the texture you have on your helmet. It almost looks a little reptilian. Are you planning on carrying that look through the rest of the armour as well?

I'm glad you noticed that! I do plan on continuing it for the rest of my armour! Its kind of a pain to do but I think It will be worth it in the long run! I used fishnet stockings to get the effect and getting them to sit nicely on the helmet was no easy task but since the plates will be more or less flat when i paint it should be a cake walk in comparison! Going to try to get some more work done today!

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2015, 03:31 PM »
Really digging that helmet paint job... Can't wait to see how the metal paint job ends up.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2016, 09:50 PM »
Hows your build going vod?

I've been busy with the holidays and everything so I haven't made any new progress unfortunately. Im hoping to get some more done next weekend once everything has settled down again.

« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2016, 08:33 PM »
Had myself an armour party for one today! Finally have all my armour pieces cut out and sanded down and now they just need to be shaped then primed and painted! Whats the best option for attaching it all? I will probably try snaps and velcrom for the upper half. Whats the best kind of strapping for attaching the leg pieces? And where can i get it? I think I'm going to use a weight lifting belt as my girth belt, has anyone tried it before? Did it look alright? I'm getting pretty excited by how close I'm getting! More progress to post soon hopefully!

Also did we ever decide on an official clan logo? I would like to put the logo on my armour!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:16 PM »
Good work, man! Some of those cuts must have been pretty tough!

I don't think we decided on a logo, but, if we had, I think you have to wait until after you're approved before you can add it... only 80% sure on that, but I thought I'd say anyway :rolleyes:

Keep 'er going!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2016, 08:24 AM »
This is the cat's -censored-!  Well done!

I have to admit that I was thinking of a Cody Visor as well and I thought I was original, (great minds, eh?).

Again, your level of work is amaze-balls.  :)

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106123.msg1508559#msg1508559
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2016, 11:53 PM »
Thanks vode!! It's coming along slowly! Some of the cuts were quite tricky and the ones that aren't quite perfect will be battle damaged haha. Good to know about the logo I guess I'll have to come up with my own logo :)

I can't take any credit for the Cody visor idea I just ordered it from Droodles! Who I highly recommend!! I will probably order another one from him in the future for myself since that one was for my dad and I like how it looked so much I almost didn't give it to him for Christmas hahah!! Thanks for the compliments I'm learning as I go I'm surprised by how well it's all turned out so far! hopefully my luck continues!!

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2016, 12:19 AM »
Love seeing your progress! I'm jealous of the metal kit for sure :) check out the soft parts forum- I know weight belts for a girth belt have been discussed there at length, as I'm not going that way myself, I didn't follow the thread to its conclusion. As for attachment methods, I would check out a few of the metal builds on the forum- I know some people rivet them on to their soft parts, and I know Chicago screws are in play for some. Velcro can be a problem due to the weight of the plates, so I'd be careful using that.

As for the logo- we talked about the logo we want to use for the clan- however the problem lies not with the logo, but with that we do not actually have our own clan. Once the current crop of recruits (me included ;)) gets to be OM, we'll have enough to sustain a clan and we can talk logo. Anyway....my point is, leave a shoulder blank and we can all throw the logo on at a clan wide armour party come summer :) 

« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2016, 01:16 PM »
Love seeing your progress! I'm jealous of the metal kit for sure :) check out the soft parts forum- I know weight belts for a girth belt have been discussed there at length, as I'm not going that way myself, I didn't follow the thread to its conclusion. As for attachment methods, I would check out a few of the metal builds on the forum- I know some people rivet them on to their soft parts, and I know Chicago screws are in play for some. Velcro can be a problem due to the weight of the plates, so I'd be careful using that.

As for the logo- we talked about the logo we want to use for the clan- however the problem lies not with the logo, but with that we do not actually have our own clan. Once the current crop of recruits (me included ;)) gets to be OM, we'll have enough to sustain a clan and we can talk logo. Anyway....my point is, leave a shoulder blank and we can all throw the logo on at a clan wide armour party come summer :)

Thanks GardenGeek! I will be sure to take a look around that section and figure out what my best option is! I don't want to rush it and use a method that will cause my plates to fall off mid troop that would be embarrassing! :p
Sounds like a plan in regards to the logo! I can't wait to finally make it down for an armour party my solo armour parties up here aren't nearly as fun. I suppose we better bet our Shebs in gear so we can get OM so we officially become a clan so we can get our logo set! Back to work we go! ;D

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Awesome, nice clean cuts, Metal kits always impress me. Personally I'd use rivets, but I'd use screws instead of actual rivets

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!