Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tenebris WIP

• 80 Replies

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Tenebris WIP
« Reply #25 on: Jan 09, 2016, 12:00 PM »
That should be fine, then. ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Jan 09, 2016, 05:22 PM »
The wig looks awesome! :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Jan 09, 2016, 09:31 PM »
I love your gaunts and your paint scheme is super cool and original. Keep up the great work!

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Jan 10, 2016, 12:23 AM »
Wow that paint job looks good. I've said this before and I'll say it again, anyone working with Ashen is in good hands.

Tenebris

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #29 on: Jan 10, 2016, 05:12 AM »
Thanks everyone  :D

I'm really proud of the fade paint scheme idea, originally I wanted it to be metallic, but those paints are a mahooooosive pain.

Ashen is great and his help and teaching has been appreciated....particularly re-learning how to spray, From running with a graffiti crew (artwork on wasteground, not writing names on peoples walls) my spraying muscle memory was all wrong for painting armour.

Learning the skills required for this build has been hard for me, but I'm a believer in learning so you have a skill set, to be able to do things again, rather than people doing things for you. (but not fibre-glassing, I think that may actually land me in hospital  :o )

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2016, 11:50 AM »
You've learned really fast, pretty impressive work  :D

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2016, 12:17 PM »
Fantastic build, I HAD to comment so I can get updates. Creative side really shows, digging the Echani touch.

Tenebris

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:48 AM »
We shall see when it comes to my canon and lily's kit, if I can do the helmets half as  well as you Ashen, I'll be happy.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:22 PM »
This is looking really nice, vod.  Great work.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Jupiter

• Zhil Ne'Kal
« Reply #34 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Aaaah, someone else from Brighton! I love your gradient paint work so much, it's going to look stunning across a whole kit!

Edit: Okay, I missed the latest picture :P It looks awesome!

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2016, 06:09 PM by Jupiter » Logged
WIP thread: [Is here]
Profile photo by BIG GUY SLIM.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #35 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:28 PM »
absolutely stunning work.

« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:16 PM »
Loving where you're going with this kit. Tagging for future updates.

Tenebris

« Reply #37 on: Jan 14, 2016, 04:56 AM »
Thanks everyone   :)

Jupiter I have two nightmare lovely children, which means I don't have loads of time, but feel free if you want to give me a shout about anything. My other half is OM and knows more than me.

Just needs a bit of wire wooling. Ive kept it simple and small  for BRL's,  when I upgrade for brigades I'll have echani vibro daggers as my 'showy' weapon.

I was going with the idea of bits of colour a bit like vaders chest box thingy.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 14, 2016, 09:11 AM »
I like that gauntlet and those buttons, definitely feels Swarsy. Nice work!

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #39 on: Jan 14, 2016, 03:35 PM »
gotta say i love the use of the Falcon ramp on the one gauntlet. and of course the rest is looking great also...

Tenebris

« Reply #40 on: Jan 23, 2016, 09:38 AM »

Amendments done.

Orar Jaxx

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #41 on: Jan 23, 2016, 11:03 AM »
Looks great!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #42 on: Jan 23, 2016, 01:56 PM »
Wow! Just awesome :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #43 on: Jan 24, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Looking fierce! Fantastic work!!!
Them stripes can't be far off now!

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #44 on: Jan 27, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Your kit looks great!  I'm especially liking the gradient paint and the backplate

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Delphin'Kam

• The Force is my best customer
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2016, 01:58 PM »
That gradiant looks great!! I really like how it looks with the black flightsuit

Working on Kit Updates

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2016, 02:04 PM »
Fantastic kit! Love the paint job. Very well done!

Oya vod!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #47 on: Jan 29, 2016, 01:40 PM »
I really like the design.  Does that neck piece rub together when you move your head around?

Tenebris

« Reply #48 on: Feb 02, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Nope, doesn't rub at all, its all designed to be comfortable.  :D

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #49 on: Feb 02, 2016, 03:51 PM »
Thanks everyone   :)

Jupiter I have two nightmare lovely children, which means I don't have loads of time, but feel free if you want to give me a shout about anything. My other half is OM and knows more than me.

Just needs a bit of wire wooling. Ive kept it simple and small  for BRL's,  when I upgrade for brigades I'll have echani vibro daggers as my 'showy' weapon.

I was going with the idea of bits of colour a bit like vaders chest box thingy.

Be sure to fill the screw holes on the opposite side of the TFA pistol if you haven't already :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!