Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cool Kids Stick Club - Show Off Your Non-Blaster Weapons

• 171 Replies

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Cool Kids Stick Club - Show Off Your Non-Blaster Weapons
« Reply #50 on: Mar 02, 2016, 09:22 AM »
That is amazing work ner vode!  Well done. 

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Akiva Tal'korel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #51 on: Mar 02, 2016, 11:17 PM »
Hopefully I can get back to work on my new kit (which will be going back to the drawing board for the umpteenth time), and this thread is giving me a lot of good ideas for non-blaster weapons! I'd like to try something new with this kit, maybe go gunless.. I'm LOVING those stun batons.. may have to go that route.. but add a sharp edge somewhere.. (admittedly, it takes the point out of a baton, ahahaaa...)

Train your sons to be strong, and your daughters to be stronger.

Ojishe - Chiss Post-Imperial Build: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=197869.0

Official Merc #0513
Mini-Mando #48

Roe Montar

• Wait, I'M the adult in this group?! We're doomed.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #52 on: Mar 03, 2016, 01:48 PM »
I wasnt happy with the slits in the PVC that I had, mostly because they looked kind of ugly and didnt quite disperse the light as well as I wanted it to. I had planned to try putting acrylic tube over that portion, and in the end decided to remove the slotted PVC completely and just use the acrylic tube (which I sanded inside and out to make it opaque) and adjust the LEDs to better light it, and added end caps on the top.

Im much more happy with them now :D

Armor WIP |Cerar Clan Ruus'alor 2022 | Cerar Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2023-2024
OM #2730|Cabur Akaata #240|Traffic Cone #46|M.V.S. #122

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #53 on: Mar 04, 2016, 02:03 AM »
I quickly put this modular staff together for a troop. It was a one day build, and is no where near complete... The button head screws will be replace by set screws, and bondo'd over. And the paint job needs to be completely refinished, right now it's just a single coat of black with dry brush silver. The staff is designed to break down for easy travel, as well as modular so you can make it a vibro axe, or umbrella  :P

First troop with it was a total success.

« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2016, 02:11 AM by Gnar-Gnar » Logged

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #54 on: Mar 04, 2016, 08:39 AM »
Multipurpose staff, nice!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

MrMetalArm

• Chaos Marks Us All
« Reply #55 on: Mar 08, 2016, 12:33 AM »
I myself have been thinking of a khopesh like blade:

for my Egyptian style mando (which I just recently decided I'm doing). I have a few questions though: what do you guys normally make your blades out of, and how do I make this this thing swarsy without just tacking on a few wires and calling it a vibro blade?

Has one awesome arm :D

Aliit orishya taldiin (Family is more than just blood)

Kayne Summikad WiP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110721.msg1539411#msg1539411
Kayne Idea Bucket: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110722.msg1536374#msg1536374

Khull'Fal

• Original name HawkWolf
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #56 on: Mar 19, 2016, 09:30 AM »
I myself have been thinking of a khopesh like blade:

for my Egyptian style mando (which I just recently decided I'm doing). I have a few questions though: what do you guys normally make your blades out of, and how do I make this this thing swarsy without just tacking on a few wires and calling it a vibro blade?

You could add some greebies to the bottom of the blade before it goes into the curl.
Also you could use EA wire from the top of the curv to the bottom on the inside making it look like it's got an electro current going through it, bit like the string used on the Nightsisters bow.

MMCC #1337/ L.O.B #1/ Cabur Akaata #31/ G.O.M.O.L #13/ M.A.C.K Dady #23/ Oribru Akaata #30

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #57 on: Mar 27, 2016, 06:10 PM »
My newest additions:

Vibro-beskad, a trophy bes'bev (made from krayt dragon bone), and a dagger.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #58 on: Apr 27, 2016, 02:27 PM »
Im working on a set of dual katana-like vibroswords, but im only in the desigh phase, havent made anything yet!

Jedisalamander, OC: Meshura Ordo.

She/They

Maljohn Han'Tor

• "I have a bad feeling about this."
  • Awards Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Force Hunter Brigade Member
« Reply #59 on: Apr 28, 2016, 02:49 PM »
My Scottish lochaber inspired Vibroax:

Sith killed my Mudder! Sith killed my Fadder! Sith killed my people!  They took my fadder’s sward!

Mandalorian Riders #0015, Nerf-herders #09, B.E.A.R.D.S.  #062, B.O.M.B. #35, Kilted Mandalorian brigade #22, B.O.O.M. #05,  VRCA  #60, XMG  #10, Iron Fang #4, KOVA #13, M.A.R.S. #40, M5 #64, L.O.B. #11

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #60 on: Apr 28, 2016, 03:13 PM »
Nice, very nice, gotta upgrade kit right now  :laugh:

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #61 on: Apr 28, 2016, 05:19 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

Sweet baby jeebus...that axe is SICK! Very nice work Maljohn!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Maljohn Han'Tor

• "I have a bad feeling about this."
  • Awards Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Force Hunter Brigade Member
« Reply #62 on: Apr 28, 2016, 06:05 PM »
:o :o :o :o :o

Sweet baby jeebus...that axe is SICK! Very nice work Maljohn!

Thank you... I have a tendency to make really big weapons.  My sniper rifle is about 6'4" long.  (I'm only 5'6")

Sith killed my Mudder! Sith killed my Fadder! Sith killed my people!  They took my fadder’s sward!

Mandalorian Riders #0015, Nerf-herders #09, B.E.A.R.D.S.  #062, B.O.M.B. #35, Kilted Mandalorian brigade #22, B.O.O.M. #05,  VRCA  #60, XMG  #10, Iron Fang #4, KOVA #13, M.A.R.S. #40, M5 #64, L.O.B. #11

Kyri

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #63 on: Apr 29, 2016, 02:34 PM »
Very pretty axe! Could take out a family of wookies with that  :P

DAK Beroya

• Awards 40+ hrs of charity work Family events Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #64 on: Jun 11, 2016, 07:13 PM »
just need to add a strap to it

OM#1498               M.A.R.S. #42
B.O.O.M #26          V.O.T.S # 59
ALUMINATI #39      G.O.M.O.L # 021
D.A.D.M #001         M.A.C.K #29
troops 62 I think

Draceline

• Angel of War
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
« Reply #65 on: Jul 11, 2016, 01:29 AM »
I still need to weather them and figure out my back mounting system, but here are my lovely ryyk kerarthorr blades.

Also my bes'bev, which is also not yet weathered. It is, however, playable!

Oya!

"As Mandalorians, we don't need the Force.
But should you ever want it on your side, don't give it a choice:
Make the Force be with you."

Armor - Soft Parts - Buy'ce - Armory
MARS #47 | NOS #02 | LOB #18 | Draluram #8 | MAJIC #161

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #66 on: Sep 08, 2016, 05:45 PM »
Ok I can't wear it for MY kit, but it can be used by Pre Vizla and maybe Sabine season 3.

Here is my darksaber

Pulse

« Reply #67 on: Sep 11, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Ok I can't wear it for MY kit, but it can be used by Pre Vizla and maybe Sabine season 3.

Here is my darksaber

It's so awesome! I would love to make one just to have around the house. lol

Mando WIPs - Armor | Helmet | Soft
Vornskr Clan | MMCC #....

Mobidan

• Awards Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #68 on: Sep 30, 2016, 01:38 PM »
I love this little thumping stick!

Alor’ad Hett’ciri. Alberta Canada

Zeafus

• Scorched Earth Studios
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #69 on: Oct 04, 2016, 12:50 PM »
My bes'bev...

My bes'bev WIP and why thread if you're curious  ;)

My question: Is this a working bes'bev? Can you play music on it?!?!?!

Zeafus V.1 Armor Components WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92479.0
Special Weapons Brigade WIP (Pistoleer)- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=112447.0.
Scorched Earth Studios Forum Sales Thread- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118198.0
MMCC- #1320
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) a Society for current and former military - #34
M.L.C.S. #1
« Reply #70 on: Oct 05, 2016, 03:17 PM »
my bent grip sword for fighting against light sabers using makashi. Figured if I "found" a training manual for makashi on a dead jedi, I might decide to train in it. It was meant more for one on one fighting/Dueling. Add in a mando iron blade I can deflect sabers.

still need to cover the hardware. the angle of the blade off the hilt has been flattened to match since the pic.

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2016, 04:17 PM by Droxis Sturm » Logged

Sevro

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #71 on: Oct 23, 2016, 02:56 PM »
Here is a bes'kad for slicing and chopping:

Billy Becker
OM #1668
Ruus'alor
Haran'galaar Clan, San Diego, CA

Neomandalore

• I would like butter on that croissant of doom
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Special Weapons
« Reply #72 on: Jan 05, 2017, 03:45 PM »
Edited for better pics.

Here is my mythosaur axe

Kal dagger

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2017, 04:44 PM by Neomandalore » Logged

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
« Reply #73 on: Jan 07, 2017, 12:22 PM »

Just a little Surgical tool

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #74 on: Jan 07, 2017, 01:38 PM »

Really good weathering or actually metal?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!